"In The Music" C&C Welcome!

JMLPictures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jmlpictures.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just took this about 3 hours ago and just finished editing it... I would love to hear your feedback on this one.

"In The Music"
records-1.jpg

Josh

Last edited:
I really like the idea. If it was my shot, I would have liked a different compositions. Just have the model towards the bottom of the frame instead the middle.

And the albums right next to her have a glare or some sort of album hotspot lol that distracts.

I'd love to see if you have different angles of this shoot. DOF would be so badass for this picture. I like it man, it's inspiring.

Yeah that hotspot pissed me off... thats after a lot of editing on it to get it less bright... I couldn't keep her exposed and the light on her right without having that glare (Theres probably a way to do it but I don't know how).

And the reason she is up a little higher is because this is going to be used for a promotional posted for my brother. He is a DJ and is playing at a big club here in Spokane so the picture was for him. He is going to be adding text to the bottom right of the pic.

Thanks for the words! Anyone else?

And I have a few other pictures from this shoot... we didn't have a ton of time to do this one so I don't have a lot of different shots but I have a few.

Yeah that hotspot pissed me off... thats after a lot of editing on it to get it less bright... I couldn't keep her exposed and the light on her right without having that glare (Theres probably a way to do it but I don't know how).

And the reason she is up a little higher is because this is going to be used for a promotional posted for my brother. He is a DJ and is playing at a big club here in Spokane so the picture was for him. He is going to be adding text to the bottom right of the pic.

Thanks for the words! Anyone else?

And I have a few other pictures from this shoot... we didn't have a ton of time to do this one so I don't have a lot of different shots but I have a few.

gridded softbox?
go bo, v panels...anything that will stop the light from hitting it.

What's your lighting set up

Im using 2 White lightening x1600's and a alienbee B800. This shot is just using the 1600's along with a shoot through umbrella and a bounce umbrella... I need to get a softbox... SOON!

Josh

P.S. does anyone know how to fix those kinds of hotspots or am I SOL?

Im thinking about trying to take a few record covers from other places in the picture and editing them in there to get rid of the hotspot... what do you think?

Josh

Im using 2 White lightening x1600's and a alienbee B800. This shot is just using the 1600's along with a shoot through umbrella and a bounce umbrella... I need to get a softbox... SOON!

Josh

P.S. does anyone know how to fix those kinds of hotspots or am I SOL?

Yes, I started with umbrella and it's useful for somethings, but it's a light whore. It goes everywhere.

Im thinking about trying to take a few record covers from other places in the picture and editing them in there to get rid of the hotspot... what do you think?

Josh

You can always try it. I think your limited because of the different perspectives. Unless you go Scott Kelby in photoshop and pull this one out of your ass. This was one of this things you needed to fix at the shoot. :/

Hate when that happens. Pray to the PS gods....pray.

Actually I figured it out, hit me up on PM

She should be lower in the frame. The perspective makes her legs look a little large and her head look a little small.
Needs more light on the face and shoulders, legs should not be brighter then the head. The eye naturally goes to the brightest part of the photo first. Lighting needs to be more contrasty, pretty dull and to even overall.
Photo is somewhat dull overall, could use more pop in the colors.
Great idea, just needs some tweaking.

Most reactions

Back