in the past

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
WHEN did you have snow in Southern California? Only at some point in time IN THE PAST? But certainly never again?

I like the first best, too, for its fairy tale qualities. The second is too balanced for my liking, I myself wish the trees were more over to the left, but that's only my own idea about it.

The last reminds me of photos I took on dull days during our holidays earlier this year, photos that I now no longer like when I see them as photos (but it seemed like taking them was a good idea at the time).

I'm generally with Corinna on the second one, but I do very much like the shot regardless. Very moody.

Loving these ones Abraxas. A bit different from your usual stuff too

I like the 1&2. Well done.

About the 3rd: without any intention to offend you and expressing only my personal opinion, I think the subject is not well emphasized: first the ducks are too blurry and second the tree parts are just too dark and occupy to much of the frame.

I love the first two. The first one kinda grew on me. When I looked at this thread the other day, I didn't like it very much. Now, I love it. Strange how that happens, isn't it?

Have you ever looked at a print in a gallery and didn't care for it? After a day or two, however, you couldn't get it out of your mind? If I could I'd almost rather produce work like that. I'd be engaging the viewer longer and give them something to think over rather than a blast of candy that someone will forget about.

Oh, I agree. That's the difference between eye candy and actuall thought provoking material. I'd much rather have the thought provoking variety.

I like 1 the best, then 3...

Have you ever looked at a print in a gallery and didn't care for it? After a day or two, however, you couldn't get it out of your mind? If I could I'd almost rather produce work like that. I'd be engaging the viewer longer and give them something to think over rather than a blast of candy that someone will forget about.

Oh, I agree. That's the difference between eye candy and actuall thought provoking material. I'd much rather have the thought provoking variety.

Thank you Josh. I'm hoping to get more into it as things progress. Something else I've been considering is including verse, or little rhymes.

Absolutly love the third. No specific reason, just do.

Thanks. No specifics are required :)

I'll take that as a positive and move along. I used one of my three "thank you" button wishes on your post.

I like 1 the best, then 3...

Thanks again Jinx.

Really like all three Walter....very moody....the birds look surprised at the snow in #1. I think they look very noir too.

Thank you Roger. They don't see snow around here that much. They were looking at me like I was causing it- Of course I took credit.

"Noir" is a new term to me. My wife the movie buff/freak knew all about it, and I had to have it explained to me in small words, but cool, I agree, thanks!

Most reactions

Back