In the Style of... or: Copy/Imitate a Famous Photog/Artist

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This thread is for posting photos that are in the style or or remind you of work by your favorite photographers and artists, maybe even writers.

I call this photo "Harry Callahan", because it reminds me of a color photo by Callahan titled "Atlanta, 1990". His photo is of a staple encrusted telephone pole, and has a similar composition.

Ansco Titan w/90mm anastigmat
Ilford HP5+ (rated ISO 200) in Sprint 1:9

harryc.jpg

ksmattfish said:
This thread is for posting photos that are in the style or or remind you of work by your favorite photographers and artists, maybe even writers.

I call this photo "Harry Callahan", because it reminds me of a color photo by Callahan titled "Atlanta, 1990". His photo is of a staple encrusted telephone pole, and has a similar composition.

Ansco Titan w/90mm anastigmat
Ilford HP5+ (rated ISO 200) in Sprint 1:9

harryc.jpg

for a brief moment, this picture looked like an ariel shot of a procession or something. People, flags and so on!! :)

The props, poses, and composition here was influenced not only by Grant Wood's 'American Gothic' painting, but also the paintings of pioneers and settlers by Thomas Hart Benton.

Conan and Marin

conanmarin.jpg

Camera: Pentax 67II w/90mm LS, tripod, fill flash
Film: Kodak Tmax 100
scanned from 6x7 neg

terri said:
Well, now that's an interesting idea for a Theme.

I don't have much, but since this is sort of Impressionistic, I'll offer it up. You've already seen it. I'll say it reminds me of Impressionist painter Paul Gauguin, because of the vivid coloring.

normal_box%20cameras.jpg

Do you know how much these types of cameras are usually worth now?

George W. Bush said:
Do you know how much these types of cameras are usually worth now?

$5 to $35 depending on the condition. There are some that are more collectable than others, and if you had packaging, instruction manuals, etc... that would increase value.

That's right, Choose a pic by a more or less famous photographer and make your own version! And pah-lease post the original as well!
I shall start with my own: a remake of Nickolas Muray's (forgot the title...)
maybe you've seen it in the artsy farts self-portraits...
So come on, post'em, I know you're full of ideas!
AH! and Meysha! Shall you post your version :thumbup: ?

k, here it goes:
NickolasMuray.jpg

and the original:
http://www.geh.org/taschen/htmlsrc9/m198305670151_ful.html#topofimage
thanks to the George Eastman House Collection :)http://www.davidrumsey.com/amico/amico794797-63898.html

Most reactions

Back