Reaction score
Website
www.smudgesphotos.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this caught my eye one day, wadaya think:
woods2.jpg

it would certainly grab mine too.

I think I am absolutely NOT surprised to find that this caught your eye. It would have caught mine, too! For sure. The green moss on the tree trunk alone would have, but the play of colour in the water as well. Was the blue really a purple or did you do something to the saturation? Peaceful scene. Lots of green! :D That makes a photo that I like.

But I also think that you ask for too little SPECIFIC critique to be letting this photo in Photo Critique. So I moved it to Landscape and Nature.

I hand printed this exactly as it appears here, the moss did at first draw me in but it was the light and colours that did the job, this is a scan from the original 6 x 6 bronnie neg. The colours were how it came from the enlarger, colour correct.

Amazing and very, very lovely!

beautiful scene, nicely captured. :thumbup:

Awesome! I wish I could visit that spot. Is it private property or a public park somewhere?

its public property, in Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, called the witchies locally, and just a pathway by a local stream.

Beautiful colours, nice composition, I'm glad it caught your eyes.

If your looking for a picture of something relaxing this is it :) Very nice photo, like everyone else said, its very peaceful feeling.

its a scan of the original neg, I handprinted this in the DR exactly as it appears here, exposure was by reflected metering with a hand held sekonic,metered off the tree bark, cant remember exact exposure but think it about f16 at 1/60.

I have boosted saturation on the digitised version but thats it, my father in law asked for the print, he conceded I was now a "pro" on seeing this hanging on the living room wall, I gave it him, I'de been a pro for four years by this time.

I'm going to marry this picture. *runs off with it*

Most reactions

Back