In Tune

themonko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.justinkorn.com
Started a musical series awhile back and wanted to get some opinions and critique on a few. Here are two similar shots:

1)
IMG_1669.jpg

2)
IMG_1670.jpg

Lay it on me...

I think the second agle has more power but the lighting in the first shot was better. The reflection on the surface on the left is better in the first, and the reflection on the pins on the right is a little too much in the second, they and the strings on them are better in the first. I'm also thinking you may want to increase your depth of field on the second shot and focus a little closer, I don't know if this is possible depending on the equipment used. However all in all the lighting is nice and moody and captures the instrument well.

1. I like the depth of field in both the images.
2. Something in the front distracts me.
3. I would clean/wipe the guitar first. ;)

Cheerio! :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments!

Jess - I am not using any equipment other then my camera and my guitar. Lighting is natural and I am using macro lenses to get up close. In the first one, I did not use the flash, in the second one I did which caused the pins to refect more.

Danalec99 - your point 2, which image are you refering to and what exactly is distracting? If you are talking about the tuning knob on the left, this was intentional. Maybe it's a little too lit up, but it adds to the idea of the image.

As for the dust, I intentionally left the dust there as Time to Get Moving mentioned, to add character...a more used feeling.

Again, thanks for the input. :D

themonko said:
Danalec99 - your point 2, which image are you refering to and what exactly is distracting?
themonko, I did not mean the light or the knob. It is the dark area in the foreground which I find distracting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back