In your opinion...

Your'e hanging around the wrong camera shop. You need to find one with a lot of used gear. Old Rollies are very cool.
I went to the used shop 'Classic Camera Exchange' last week during lunch. I know he has some TRLs in there...but I'm not sure if there is a Rollie or not.

That Kardan looks like something Darth Vader would use.

:thumbup: I've never touched one...but they do have a certain look that I like.

I think they feel even better than they look. I got mine at a charity rummage sale. I'd never used a Rollei or TLR, but once I held it, I had to have it. It was marked $150. I didn't have a clue about the value, but it felt like it was worth more than that. When I got home with it, and looked on Ebay, I found out it was probably worth around $350, so it was a heck of a deal. Keh is selling them now for over $550. It's one of the few film cameras I have that is going up in value.

That Kardan looks like something Darth Vader would use.

It is an upscale (very upscale) studio shooting machine. It would take Darth Vadar or someone that strong to lug one around for location shoots. That's for sure.

The Sinars are a little cheaper and a little lighter. Also very cool.

Alex, this wondrous product from Bavaria should make your heart sing!

Don't worry, it does! :)

What a place! BMW cars, Linhof cameras and the Hofbrau Haus! Bavaria has it all! Ein, Zwei, Gsufa!
lol, well, I also like BMW (and Audi) alot ... the only proble is, that this all is Bavarian, and I am Westfalian (which is why they already would call me a northern German, or Prussian). But actually we are not northern here either, we are just in the middle (of nowhere ;)) ... our stubborn folks here stopped the Roman invasions, so we have never really been fully "cultivated" some say ;)

We might not produce elaborate cameras, but us got some good sturdy farmhorses here :lmao:

OK, wasn't talking of my current location, Düsseldorf, but of my homecountry where my heart lies (some 200 km to the east of here ;) )

Most reactions

Back