Indian Cemetery

spang1mw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had a chance to go to a very old Indian Cemetery today. Really neat experience hope you enjoy! C&C welcome

$_DSC7713 -11.jpg

$12.jpg

$_DSC7684 -11.jpg

Sorry, there's really not much here to enjoy.
1. Dark and some kind of strange angle
2. Just not very interesting
3. Would almost have promise as a record shot, if I could read the stone.

Again sorry. I would have enjoyed viewing some good record shots of a place like this. I know I kind'a stand alone here, but for me photography can also be educational with well done record shots, as well as wall hanging art.

In number 1 I feel like everything is cut off.

I really like number 2, the lighting fits the scene really well.

3 is pretty good too.

Really nice job on picture 2!

What's the story with the headstones reading "Indian Child"?

Last edited:
Sorry, there's really not much here to enjoy.
1. Dark and some kind of strange angle
2. Just not very interesting
3. Would almost have promise as a record shot, if I could read the stone.

Again sorry. I would have enjoyed viewing some good record shots of a place like this. I know I kind'a stand alone here, but for me photography can also be educational with well done record shots, as well as wall hanging art.
For #1 I tried something different and posted it to see what people thought of it guess it doesn't work well. Thanks for the opinions no need to apologize I'm always trying to improve!

In number 1 I feel like everything is cut off.

I really like number 2, the lighting fits the scene really well.

3 is pretty good too.

Really nice job on picture 2!
Thanks!

What's the story with the headstones reading "Indian Child"?
Most of the headstones were from the 1800's and they had a plaque by the entrance but all it said was that a missionary group created the cemetery. Not much information on the cemetery itself.

The light, angle and blurry "Unknown Child" tombstone in #1 create a mysterious and obscure feel to the photograph. I kinda like it.

The light, angle and blurry "Unknown Child" tombstone in #1 create a mysterious and obscure feel to the photograph. I kinda like it.
Thanks! That was the mood I was trying to accomplish when taking the photograph.

I think #1 and #3 I would have preferred to see at a different angle. I see what you were going for, but it just seems to me it would have been better if it were more at a ground level angle, with the "child" tombstone up close and fully in view, and the tombstone behind and to the right or left, but blurred.

The second I like better. However, even with that one, I think it would have been cool to have taken the shot looking up at the cross and a little left or right of center, rather than to the side like it is.

They are interesting to me though.

just my .02

The town I live in had a Indian Orphanage after the trail of tears this town has headstones at the edge of the lake unmarked graves behind the grade school and headstones next to the fire station. They say at night you can hear the kids playing behind the grade school (had to sneak out nights to be a kid) but ghost arent real I do like the indian child head stone so many here were just buried and off the record since there was so much child abuse there. thnx for posting kind of a mytery stone I like it!!

I think #1 and #3 I would have preferred to see at a different angle. I see what you were going for, but it just seems to me it would have been better if it were more at a ground level angle, with the "child" tombstone up close and fully in view, and the tombstone behind and to the right or left, but blurred.

The second I like better. However, even with that one, I think it would have been cool to have taken the shot looking up at the cross and a little left or right of center, rather than to the side like it is.

They are interesting to me though.

just my .02
I agree with you about shooting it at a different angle. It was kind of a last minute thing going there and I was trying to get some shots in before it was completely dark out. I plan on going back soon and be able to spend more time there then I had.

The town I live in had a Indian Orphanage after the trail of tears this town has headstones at the edge of the lake unmarked graves behind the grade school and headstones next to the fire station. They say at night you can hear the kids playing behind the grade school (had to sneak out nights to be a kid) but ghost arent real I do like the indian child head stone so many here were just buried and off the record since there was so much child abuse there. thnx for posting kind of a mytery stone I like it!!
I appreciate your interest in it! Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back