Indoor lighting trouble! Please help!

Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it. I will definitely be purchasing some books soon. I would take some classes, but a full time office job, a part-time photography business, plus, a marriage and two dogs to take care of, I mean life in general. I honestly just don't feel like taking on another commitment. There are times when I like to relax, you know? And it's tough to have a business on the side, but keep a full time job. That's another reason I'm here, to figure out when would be a good time to quit my full time job and pursue the side-business full time. Ahh, the life of a photographer can be rough sometimes. Well, anyhow, thank you for your help. I know where to start now.

Another suggestion I have, is not to overlook reflectors, white foam core or even a round photo reflector works wonders bouncing light and softening shadows, with hot lights you can see where to place the reflector a lot easier.

By the way your first post of photo's are great.

If this makes sense: hotlights and strobes both produce light that needs controlling and shaping.

Strobes advantage over hotlights:

1. Cooler for the client

2. More light, so you can use a lower iso, faster shutter speed and smaller aperture for more depth of field.

So results are sharper images, less noise/grain

Most reactions

New Topics

Back