Indoor picture problem

ngyw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Last week, I took some indoor photo to my friends. when i turn on flash the picture looks darker, when i turn off the flash the picture looks blurr.
why this happen ?

How far away were you from the subject? Perhaps the flash wont reach the distance you were shooting. The blurred shots are caused by slow shutter speed as your camera tried to gain more light because the flash was turned off.

Like Cosmo says upload 'em and lets see.

COULD be that the flash is illuminating the subject and the background is far off so it is dark . Get a studio flash set up (VERY expensive solution). also if you don't use flash there is not enough light to record the image... so the shutter stays open longer to get more light. during this time the camera moves so blurs the recorded image.. Get a tripod. (MUCH cheaper solution) Though the subject must be still while the shutter is open...

Your flash is alot brighter than the ambient light in the room, you could try to shoot with a slower shutter speed, 1/60 and see if that will help. It also depends on how much ambient light you have in the room. Turn on more lamps, etc and shoot at 1/60 and you should have some ambient light in the photo. Also, you could just use your flash for fill-in and use the ambient light in the room for the exposure.

Hi all, thanks for your information. I'm using Digicam Nikon Cooplix S5 to shoot those picture.

Most reactions

Back