Industrial infrared

AluminumStudios

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aluminumstudios.com
I haven't shot any infrared for a while, so I went out on a long drive through a valley with a lot of steel mills and power plants looking for good industrial things to try to get good IR photos of.

I was REALLY happy with this shot. The long exposure + infrared combine to create a very neat effect IMHO.

aluminumstudios-2403.jpg

wow! that's really very awesome. hve you got the technical data for it? i'm sure alot of us would be interested...

This is clearly a digital IR shot, and if you're going to supply the info as to how it was obtained, your thread will probably get more views in the Graphics forum. ;) So I'll move it there for you.

The Alternative forum is generally reserved for analog based techniques. :)

terri said:
This is clearly a digital IR shot, and if you're going to supply the info as to how it was obtained, your thread will probably get more views in the Graphics forum. ;) So I'll move it there for you.

The Alternative forum is generally reserved for analog based techniques. :)

Actually, would you mind moving it to one of the gallery forums, where it belongs? I was posting it to share my photo and for a little critique moreso than to discuss my technical process.

This is a true IR photo with very little manipulation (not the product of a graphics program and not really suited to this forum where it was moved to.)

AluminumStudios said:
Actually, would you mind moving it to one of the gallery forums, where it belongs? I was posting it to share my photo and for a little critique moreso than to discuss my technical process.

This is a true IR photo with very little manipulation (not the product of a graphics program and not really suited to this forum where it was moved to.)
Sure! To the General Gallery it goes. :)

People sounded like they wanted to hear your process, and since it's digital, I figure it would get more views in the graphics section. I did put a comment that the Alt forum is generally reserved for analog-based processes, as way of explanation for the original move. No biggie at all!

terri said:
Sure! To the General Gallery it goes. :)

People sounded like they wanted to hear your process, and since it's digital, I figure it would get more views in the graphics section. I did put a comment that the Alt forum is generally reserved for analog-based processes, as way of explanation for the original move. No biggie at all!

I appreciate it. I wasn't sure if the Alt forum included digital or not.

Sometimes I'm happy to discuss technical processes, but this time I just wanted to share what I think is a neat looking photo that I took :)

Most reactions

Back