Infant Portraits...Sabrine One Week Old

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got a chance to photograph the lovely Sabrine after she grew a little bit. The last time was on her birthday a week ago. The family just wanted shots with her sleeper and diaper on. There were lots of shots, but I just picked out a few to show. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking. I really appreciate it! :)

IMG_4193_2_filtered_700_sig.jpg

IMG_4115_2_700_sig.jpg

IMG_4202_2_700_sig.jpg

IMG_4218_2_700_edited_sig.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

NJ

OMG, I love #4 Her eyes are wide open and she looks happy. Wow, you really had some amazing lighting!!!! These are great. Keep up the awesome work your doing NJ!!!!!

Awe, she is sweet! I love her little chin in number one. Someone is likely to not like the shadow in the sleeper in number 2 but it doesn't bother me, personally. ;)
You just can't go wrong with little baby piggies, I LOVE baby feet, ugh! And you have captured them very nicely in number 3.
The fourth one NICE! I dont think I was ever able to get a nice clear picture of my kids eyes at a week old!

I'm not trying to be mean, but the last one scares me. Something just not right about it...looks like the baby is gonna break or something...I'm not sure.

Thanks oldnavy, kathi, and sideburns!

I'm not trying to be mean, but the last one scares me. Something just not right about it...looks like the baby is gonna break or something...I'm not sure.

Thats okay, I know you are not trying to be mean. The dad was holding her on this one, and he had a little trouble holding her head, but she was quite calm during the whole thing. His thumb and index finger are supporting her head in the back. He is quite the involved father, and a great guy. :)

once again, i think you did fantastic. #1 is my fav. did you do much retouching on the skin?

i just wondered how you handled that. i had a neighbor ask me to photograph their new baby and it had acne real bad. i should just ask them if they want it toned down or not :)

I *LOVE* #4! Great focus on her eyes! She looks like a very tiny baby!

Yes, ask them. I think thats a safe bet, because they might not want to tell you.

Here's my secret for removing flakes on a newborn and giving realistic skin texture. Zoom in close and use the clone tool, but use a small brush, just enough to cover a piece of flaky skin (maybe a little larger). Then, set the opacity on the clone tool to 70-75% and gently work the brush onto the flakes. Be sure to use the Alt key and click to get a sample almost every time between using the brush. They begin to magically disappear as you keep doing this. It takes a little bit of time, but I think it works better than the healing tool most of the time. Im sure this would work good with acne too if you want to try it. Hope this helps. :)

NJ

I *LOVE* #4! Great focus on her eyes! She looks like a very tiny baby!

Thanks souljourney! I really appreciate your kind words!

Dont they all look tiny at that age? ;) She was actually 8 pounds 3 ounces, I think. The dad has big hands, which I think accentuated her appearance as a bit small. :)

NJ

No prob! I'm especially a sucker for shots of little ones. :mrgreen: Her papa does have big hands!

Nice job NJ. My only nitpick is the shadow on #2 but great skin tone and lighting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back