Infrared

I guess the simpler ones all kinda end up looking the same...

Pretty much just the R72 and then some white balance tweaking to the RAW images...

Wild photo.
What modes you use.
I too now have a 20D, and would be interested in knowledge. do a PM to me if your willing to share knowledge.

Mainly I just shoot manual, small aperture for good details and long exposure. Best is start with f/8 @ 6-10sec and adjust from there. All depends on conditions,,,

Interesting colors you got. 30 seconds is not long considering. I have a #87 IR filter which blocks all of the visible spectrum, and it took a 5 minute exposure at f/8 in broad daylight on my 20D to get a correct exposure.

The Digital Rebel is more sensitive than the 20D to IR most certainly because the 20D has a stronger IR blocking filter of the cmos. It helps to reduce noise levels, which is why the 20D handles noise even better in the higher ISOs. I'm willing to bed the Rebel XT has this same stronger filter. It won't stop you from taking infrared photos, but it does make your exposures longer.

Have you tried the 20D's noise reduction feature? I found that my images were rather noisy, seems the long exposure really brough out the hot pixels. I forgot about this, until reading elsewhere about using it to help with long-exposure IR shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back