Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just crop the photo, no touching.

Shot by nv-gs400 photo mode.

TIA

Regards
Leigh

IMGA5695.jpg

i feel like i'm only getting half the picture... namely the half that doesn't include what they're waving at. i don't think any crop is going to fix that aspect of the photo.

They are simply waving into the wrong direction!
They look and wave right "against a wall", i.e. the "wall" of the edge of the photo, when they would have needed the room within the frame into where to look and to wave.

I don't understand the mode in which you took this photo but it is a bit dark ... underexposed, I should think.

I agree with the others. The whole photo leads my eyes right then I get to the people waving and it leads my eyes to the.......well right off the page.

If the people were the only thing in the picture it might work a little better?

But what it lacks most is contrast. I paint and I am represented by a few galleries. I think my paintings are better than my photography because I can control the light and make it do what I want to with a brush.

There is something I learned in painting that can carry across to photography, It is not an absolute law, but it works......so here goes......

Make a scale of 5 or 10 different shades from pure WHITE to the darkest BLACK.

scale.jpg

Now try and make sure each of your photos contain this whole scale. Like I said, it's not an absolute, but a good starting point.

Even though the scale is in black and white, it still applies to color photography if you think in terms of contrast.

Thanks everyone for the point.

That was what I thought too. I was just feel excited that the couple waved their hand.:lol:

Regards
Leigh

I don't know...as a rule the subject(s) should always be looking into the frame. Your photo would maybe be more interesting if the 2 waving were all the way to the left of the photo, but I think there is interest in this photo because the viewer has to wonder what the heck is going on. It creates an unsettling image and it works for me.
The colors are a bit dull but other than that nice image.

Most reactions

Back