(Insert deep metaphor about life here)

d_the_sandman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Dead.jpg

Thanks for lookin'. Feeeeeeeeedback.

i'm kind of expecting some kind of snow white character to come along and sob over the poor little thing... and as her tears fall on to it , it comes back to life...
um.. sorry about that.

Its a very sad shot, but think lacking a bit in visual quailty... but i'm not sure what i would do to change it? But maybe the mundane backdrop is more symbolic in someways, after all in dying the bird is no-longer an object of beauty, but perhaps a victim of our mundane existances? (sorry..bit deep!)

Even the song birds gave up singing....

Maybe B&W with and tad more contrast?

I hear whatcha sayin' Meg. I'm not really the type of dude that posts in the "nature and landscape" forum too often, so I think some people might be lookin' for a different opinion of beauty than me, LOL.

I'll try messin' with a B&W a little.........see what it looks like.

If you're really trying to make it a bit more powerful, then you need to crop off that top background. It's just too distracting. Then you have a dead bird and some empty space that invites more reflection.

Other than that, this shot just makes me think: eww. :lol:

terri said:
If you're really trying to make it a bit more powerful, then you need to crop off that top background. It's just too distracting. Then you have a dead bird and some empty space that invites more reflection.

Other than that, this shot just makes me think: eww. :lol:

:biglaugh:

Once I shot a simmilar picture and you know what? It won a photo contest: topic: "motionless". So your is cool too - you should submit it somewhere coz few people shoot death birds... there's always something deep in death... "In death everything becomes clear..." I don't remember who said that, but it suits your picture :D nice !!!

d_the_sandman said:
Dead.jpg

Thanks for lookin'. Feeeeeeeeedback.

Misfortune...While good fortune often eludes you, this kind never misses.

I don't remember where I read that before, but it fits.

Same as what everyone else said. Defintely not the image i was expecting but interesting in its own way.

Okay, just a guess here, but with the background, it suggests to me... that it hit a window, might have been neat if there is a window behind it (?), to have gotten both the bird and reflection of the bird?

Most reactions

Back