Inside the Laerdal-tunnel

Florian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
In Norway, we drove through the wold largest car tunnel, the Laerdal-tunnel. It's 24,5 km long!!! Psychologists developed a way to break the monotony of such a long tunnel. Of course there are a lot of bends in the road, but the clues are three caves, which are at km 6, 12 and 18. They are lighted with blue and green light and from far away it loocks like the tunnel would end there. As we drove through it, we stopped in the second cave and I took some fotos, which I want to show you.

Laerdal_Tunnel8.jpg

Laerdal_Tunnel5.jpg

Laerdal_Tunnel4.jpg

Laerdal_Tunnel3.jpg

Laerdal_Tunnel2.jpg

I hope you like them

I really like the abstract feel to these. That lighting is really cool. Thanks for sharing these

These tunnel caves are among the most interesting things I have ever heard about - and when you told us about them first, Florian, I could not quite imagine what the caves would look like.
But your photos make it very obvious.
You made good use of the Powershot AND "The Weapon" for these!!!!!

cool colors, great job capturing these abstracty shots under what i'm sure was tough light conditions. :thumbup:

Sorry, Chris, Florian was out all day yesterday for his sports and is back to school now ... the lights were produced by those blue lights (which appear to be white here) that light the rock just like that to give car drivers who are about to get all fed up with going through a neverending tunnel the feeling that the sky is in sight soon ;).

Cool, like these a lot, the colours are just great

Most reactions

Back