Inside the old church (56k-10 pics) sorry!

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
Some months ago I posted this old church "St Andrews" built in 1769 but extensively restored in 1892 it stands on the summit of "Grey Mare Hill" some 960ft above sea level and due to it's remoteness and the fact that it's only vehicular access was removed, it became redundant in 1969.

firstlight5bg.jpg

I have passed this church the odd time and thought i'd try some IR on it this time.....After about 15mins of taking shots, I moved around the church for different angles....There is also a Mausoleum to the side and as I was getting a shot of it, something caught my eye and when I looked round I noticed the door was ajar :albino:

IMG_7987-01-copy.jpg

After much deliberation and many changes of underpants......I went inside:shock:
Inside the front door was another and pushing it open slightly expecting to find some mad axeman or something, I was greeted with....

inside-church-1.jpg

Halfway down the isle there are 2 alcoves to the left and right....
On the left.

inside-church-2.jpg

And on the right.

inside-church-3.jpg

And behind....making sure my exit was clear ;) You gotta remeber, I'm a scaredeeeeeey cat!!!

inside-church-4.jpg

Through this door, were another 2 doors, one to the left and the other on the right.....The one on the right was a broom cupboard and the one on the left led to another door which was locked but had no handle on this side. Each of the doors scraped along the stone floor when opening and closing.

inside-church-6-copy.jpg

inside-church-7-copy-2.jpg

inside-church-8-copy.jpg

inside-church-9-copy.jpg

After taking these pics I was about to go back into the vestry with the locked door and get a couple of shots.....but when I went in the door was ajar......
ERRRR needless to say I got out......
Sorry for the long story and all the pics but hope you like.....
TFL.
Ken.

wow these are all great ken..... what a great find..... i'v had a similar thing happen in an old church yard years ago...... the security isn't great in these places!... some of the interiors are amazing tho..... we're lucky to have them.

Are all the interior shots HDRs?..... they look it..... great captures and nice angles.....

Now...... which one do i choose for POTM?!...... ;)

Woah! fantastic stuff!! They're all so good! I have to say though, the first one and the one with the stand are just my favorties!

Great set of photos. Inside shots have a unique look to them.

:hail: :hail: Holy schmokes....Ken. Brilliant photography man. This is an awesome find. They would have been destroyed here if they were left open.
Cant pic a fave here. Well documented and shot.

great series ken, really enjoyed them all... :thumbup:

Cheers guys, I forgot to mention...the only noise I could hear was what sounded like very large bluebottle flies buzzing around.....and all I could think of at the time was the Omen!
Archangel said:
Are all the interior shots HDRs?..... they look it..... great captures and nice angles.....

Now...... which one do i choose for POTM?!...... ;)
Yes they are Archie, I think I could/should have done better......and now I know what to expect, I think I may pay another visit! And thanks mate.

Chiller said:
They would have been destroyed here if they were left open.
Thanks mate....I think it is owned by some church trust or something and I am now under the impression that it must get opened for potential visitors and then at the end of the day gets locked back up.....not sure but I wasn't aware of that at the time.
Thanks again for the comments.....oh! I did take other shots and even some IR from inside, if anyones intereted I may post later (haven't processed them yet) and hope to get back there soon for other shots....
Ken.

nitefly said:
Whats HDR?
:D High Dynamic Range.....Processing a number of pics with different exposure values under and above normal exposure. There is plenty of info already on this forum if you'd like to do a search or google.....HDR, which would explain far better than I could. Hope that helps and Thanks for your interested.
Ken.

Most reactions

Back