Insomnia + DC

Fadi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I can't sleep, and just came back from DC with my camera.

View of the Capitol.
21301890-M.jpg

Horsie.
21301898-M.jpg

Self portrait.
21301901-M.jpg

more here in full size, 3008x2000 Thanks for looking, and feedback. I was gonna do a lot more, but, I was kinda cold and needed to use the WC :p

I can't sleep either.... however I really like that first one. It is missing people though... but I understand there parobably arn't a whole lot of people up walking around in the middle of the night. I like the lighting on that second one. The shadows make the shot. Good job!

Thanks. Yeah, not a lot of people there at 2 am. And I wasn't about to go to the part of DC where there is people at 2am :p at least not alone and unarmed.

The carasol picture was a lot of luck involved. As I approached, I new that was the horse I was gonna take from the first instant i saw it. The light angle was perfect, and so was the head. I walked around tha carasol 3 times trying to find another picture, but that was it. I would have liked the shadows to be a little darker, but I didn't think the National Park service would be willing to come out for me to turn off one of the nearby light poles.

Self portrait was the second hardest to take. It took 9 shots to get it. first I used a 2 second exposure, but I was just a blurry blob. Then 1 second, same thing. So I decided that 1) i need to walk a little slower, and 2) decided to use a rear-sync flash. It's still a little too transparent now that I see it on my monitor at home...

But that's the great thing about digital, you can take a virtual unlimited amount of picture, and get instant feedback :)

this place looks vaguely familar to me but im not certain.;)

great shots! i like your angle in the first. got more to share of your visit?

sorry but where's the capitol in the first one?

mentos_007 said:
sorry but where's the capitol in the first one?
The white dome shaped building along the middle horizon. Sorry, I keep forgetting there are people from outside the States here ;-) if you click on the gallery, you can see it full sized.

One question, I'm not the best at night shots. I noticed that all the white area, like the Capitol Dome, are sorta blurry. is this common with long exposures to too much light?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back