Insomnia

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Caught this of my daughter after she drifted off during our bedtime reading time.

4.5/1/10th/200ISO FujiFilm No flash, the lighting is a "pink" incadescent bulb in her bedside stand.

Aside from a general critique, I have two questions:

1. Does the color balance look ok (especially those of you that have calibrated your monitors)?

2. Does the DOF work here? Does the field of focus and the title tie together strongly enough?

Insomnia.jpg

IMO you nailed this shot. the title and image tie together most definitely and the lighting sets the mood well. nicely seen! i would have included her entire ear.

JonMikal said:
IMO you nailed this shot. the title and image tie together most definitely and the lighting sets the mood well. nicely seen! i would have included her entire ear.

Duly noted. I tend to compose from one side of the frame sometimes rather than seeing the whole image. If I would have noticed, I'd have included her whole ear also. Thanks for pointing it out.

First of all, I love the photo. It has so much mood. I don't really agree that the title is great though. I don't think anything is wrong with the picture, but don't let this banality title weaken it.

Great shot! Only thing I can see is the shirt- normally, I think of generic PJ's as having a printed and repeated pattern, usually a lighter pastel color, and because of that it almost looks staged to me. I'm weird, however.

vlflab2k3 said:
Great shot! Only thing I can see is the shirt- normally, I think of generic PJ's as having a printed and repeated pattern, usually a lighter pastel color, and because of that it almost looks staged to me. I'm weird, however.

LOL, that's funny! That is her School of American Ballet tshirt that has been worn so much it's been demoted to pj status for wear & tear reasons.

I really love it,
I think everything that everyone has said so far I agree with...

Great job! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back