limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sleist posted this thread Pot Bound the other day with a really crackin' picture that y'all should go check out if you haven't already.

It reminded me a lot of a picture I'd taken a little while back, so since I'm in a devil-may-care kind of a mood now that I'm done with instruction for the semester, I decided to share it :)

Here it be:

Tangle
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

(And yes, I keep going back and forth about the crop, so if you have any thoughts about that, have at it!)

Last edited:
420 processing ... ;)

I like the shot. Maybe lose 1/4 off the right?
Maybe add just a hint of vignette?
Just enough so no one knows.
Discrete.
A rumor without proof
Making them look
Without knowing why.

I'd suggest just a short "back and side", a small amount of the top and a bare slither off the left?

So:

crop.jpg

I like this shot. Perhaps crop some of the extra off the right side? Maybe add more contrast to the branch?

Last edited:
Yeah, some off the right and knock the background highlights down a bit, especially at the top.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

How do we like this version? I'm very fond of a square format, but it cut off too much from the sides, so I am trying 8x10 proportions (I know I don't have to stick to traditional proportions, but the aspect did seem to suit this image.)

Tangle 8x10.jpg

(Sorry, I upload the image and then decide on a few more tweaks, so I've changed this image a couple of times in the past minute and a half or so.)

Last edited:
I think Tucker had it right. If you drew an "X" through the original then each triangle will balance with his suggestion. So, the V in the tree would be pop at dead center on a square crop or line up in the thirds on the thirds in Tucker's crop. The rectangle format make work better because there appears to be a leading line in the background, a road maybe?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'd suggest just a short "back and side", a small amount of the top and a bare slither off the left?

So:

View attachment 121062

I think Tucker had it right. If you drew an "X" through the original then each triangle will balance with his suggestion. So, the V in the tree would be pop at dead center on a square crop or line up in the thirds on the thirds in Tucker's crop. The rectangle format make work better because there appears to be a leading line in the background, a road maybe?

Like this? (this is just for the crop, not the other processing suggestions)

Original:
Tangle.jpg vs Tangle v3.jpg

Yup

Most reactions

New Topics

Back