Inspired by the Twilight Saga

Leezon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys,

A while ago my wife and I went to see Twilight: New Moon which inspired me for this shoot:

4108876153_863e05d370_o.png

I feel like it's almost a carbon copy of the photography used for the film. Not sure it's a good thing.

Of course it's a good thing! Imitation is one of the best ways to learn. If I hadn't spent all that time trying to emulate Ansel Adams, Minor White, Timothy Greefield-Sanders, Annie Leibovitz, etc..., I'd still be a crap-a$$ hack... not that I'm all that much better now, but... yeah...

You had to sit through that crap?!

Only kidding, great capture. :lol::thumbup:

Thanks for the comments guys. Trying to imitate the best of the best is what I have done through out my photography career to gain the skills I needed. Then I started to develop my own style.. and these skills helped so much.

This shot was actually taken in some wood in Canterbury, England

Good work. I would recommend a rim light around the model to both separate her from the background and accentuate the fact that she's in the same scene with the backlight coming through the forest and illuminating her as well.

Of course it's a good thing! Imitation is one of the best ways to learn. If I hadn't spent all that time trying to emulate Ansel Adams, Minor White, Timothy Greefield-Sanders, Annie Leibovitz, etc..., I'd still be a crap-a$$ hack... not that I'm all that much better now, but... yeah...

I'm not saying it's bad at all, it's very well done. Agreed completely that imitation is a great way to learn, however I wish there were more individual flair to it.

I'm not saying it's bad at all, it's very well done. Agreed completely that imitation is a great way to learn, however I wish there were more individual flair to it.

I think you are missing the whole point to this shoot... It was to imitate a Twilight movie poster :)

Good work. I would recommend a rim light around the model to both separate her from the background and accentuate the fact that she's in the same scene with the backlight coming through the forest and illuminating her as well.

I would have, but there is no rim lighting in the New Moon movie posters...

Nicely done! I don't care for the movie at all, but I like your picture. =]

If you don't mind me asking - how did you get the picture to turn out like the poster?

but there is no rim lighting in the New Moon movie posters

Didn't Joey Lawrence do the original promo pictures for it? Was looking at his site a few days ago and could have sworn there was quite a bit of rim lighting going on.

Most reactions

Back