Instagram kind of sucks.

Or, be more choosy and follow who and what you want, and the rest of the social media world can go blow! lol

There was once an incident locally and when I first looked at the social media page for that place/organization, I was shocked. It had the most nasty hateful crude rude comments imaginable. People even went after a day care because they had an employee who inadvertently had been involved in the incident - there's no excuse to go after a place like a day care (who had to delete their social media page it was so bad). I was at first stunned and then disgusted and stayed the heck off anything like that.

I think I should unfollow the world.
youre such a Debbie downer. :)

680eab95036712d174d5cd98002c2ad2--sick-day-girl-memes.jpg

I never understood facebook or instagram or twitter. I did facebook for about 2 weeks and realized it was a huge waste of time. Some of the things people posted were just mundane daily things of no real importance even to the original poster. And yet if you have a houndred friends posting similar. You would never get off the computer. Everyone says it's great for "networking" but how do you filter through the "mudane" (bul# #hit)!

I never understood facebook or instagram or twitter. I did facebook for about 2 weeks and realized it was a huge waste of time. Some of the things people posted were just mundane daily things of no real importance even to the original poster. And yet if you have a houndred friends posting similar. You would never get off the computer. Everyone says it's great for "networking" but how do you filter through the "mudane" (bul# #hit)!

I'm a bad person because I unfollow just about everyone on Facebook so I don't see their BS..including family. I basically only see photography related things or family/friends who post meaningful things.

I actually left Facebook for over a year and it was the best thing. I came back and was no longer addicted to it. I just use it to share my photos and important moments in my life (which is not much lol).

I stopped comparing myself to others and just focus on doing my best work. :)

But we live in comparative society. lol

Then you should let your work speaks for itself. :) In my case, the true test is getting people to actually PAY for me and not just like my photos. :D

I'm a bad person because I unfollow just about everyone on Facebook so I don't see their BS..including family. I basically only see photography related things or family/friends who post meaningful things.

I actually left Facebook for over a year and it was the best thing. I came back and was no longer addicted to it. I just use it to share my photos and important moments in my life (which is not much lol).
I was never one to talk on the phone a lot. I blame my sister for it. You would have thought the reciever was glued to her head. Finally by the time she hit high school they actually got a 2nd phone line. Her biggest punishement was grounded off the phone. :aufsmaul::aiwebs_016:. I don't put up with gossip either. My mom will start on the phone and start gossiping and I will go, hey mom I have to go. And she will say "oh, am I gossiping, ok honey, love you bye". So, I even kick my mom off. Not sure if I am a bad son for that or not.

I was never one to talk on the phone a lot. I blame my sister for it. You would have thought the reciever was glued to her head. Finally by the time she hit high school they actually got a 2nd phone line. Her biggest punishement was grounded off the phone. :aufsmaul::aiwebs_016:. I don't put up with gossip either. My mom will start on the phone and start gossiping and I will go, hey mom I have to go. And she will say "oh, am I gossiping, ok honey, love you bye". So, I even kick my mom off. Not sure if I am a bad son for that or not.

Sounds exactly like my mom and grandmother. Hahahah!

I've only been on IG for around a year, but only really started posting on it maybe less than 6 months ago. My biggest gripe are people that only follow you to get followed back lol.

I follow people that post material that I'm interested in, I follow quite a few artist, because that is my background, I follow 3d modellers, Design companies, wildlife photographers, people I went to school with that have interesting lives or live abroad, landscape photographers, Sports photographers. The list goes on. I keep it relevant to me.

I treat IG as just another way to get my photos seen or speak to people about the subjects we have in common.

IG can be a great way to get new people interested in you through others. For example, I used to shoot racing/drifting, and a lot of the people following me on IG and Facebook are from that. I've gotten a few sales that way too. That's harder to do with other genres, I will admit. I also agree that I primarily go for inspiration. I follow all sorts of photogs, much like Flickr.

It has some frustrating things about it, but there's not many easier or cheaper ways to market yourself than spending an hour tapping your phone's screen.

Most reactions

Back