Instead of a 'Thanks' option...

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... why not change the text to resemble someone 'Liking' the post. Similar to Facebook, I guess.

This would reduce the +1 posts and give the mod some real usability since the 'Thanks' feature was limited anyway.

It would be simple enough to do, just leave the mod as-is and change the text in the language file.

Example:

Replace - "The following members say thanks." With - "The following members like this post."

Just a thought.

... why not change the text to resemble someone 'Liking' the post. Similar to Facebook, I guess.

This would reduce the +1 posts and give the mod some real usability since the 'Thanks' feature was limited anyway.

It would be simple enough to do, just leave the mod as-is and change the text in the language file.

Example:

Replace - "The following members say thanks." With - "The following members like this post."

Just a thought.
Hmmm....how about both. You're idea of "liking a post" is cool. But there is a differnce between that and a thanks. For example, I just recently, literally spent hours and hours using every search engine and keyword I could think of to find some info for a lens I own. Finally, in frustrated desperation, I posted for some help here. Darned if someone didn't find it in less than 15 minutes, or thereabout. So, instead of liking the post, I wanted to thank the individual for helping me find the tech info for that lens. I wonder if both can be done in V. Bulletin.

J.:mrgreen:

Thanks and +1 don't mean the same at all. English 101 anyone?

Maybe you can take a refresher on ENG 101 yourself, of the two people in this thread, no one ever implied that thanks and +1 were one and the same. If you are new to reading, my apologies ahead.......sheeeeeeshhhh...

J:confused:

Yeah, I don't get that comment either... He just burned himself better than I could so I'll let it go :lol:

Does it really matter?

It's pretty much pointless, no matter what it actually says...

Is it so hard to just type "thanks" or "I like that"?

Why not a "+1" button, then we won't have to actually type it...?

I'm also in favor of replacing the Thanks button with something a little more useful. My suggestion is implementing a system like Engadget. They have a '+' and a '-' at the top of each post, and those posts that get up-ranked eventually get hi-lighted as good posts, and those that get down-ranked disappear, and you have to click to see it. It really cuts down on trolling,as the trolls just disappear into oblivion.

It really cuts down on trolling,as the trolls just disappear into oblivion.

Ooohh...That would be nice.

EDIT
The only downside I see is that it would (could) lead to a very one-sided forum. Anyone that suggested something against the flow could quickly get silenced.

EDIT
The only downside I see is that it would (could) lead to a very one-sided forum. Anyone that suggested something against the flow could quickly get silenced.

That is sometimes a problem, and I'm not quite sure how to address that, but it works well most of the time.

EDIT

I think you're right. It would also create an "elitist" group of we vs. they.
Just leave it like it is.

J.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back