Interesting article on the end of Kodachrome

they drank a lot of beer,and played a lot of poker, and made hurachi sandals...

A side note:

On May 6th of '37, my father was at home and heard the Hindenburg coming overhead on its way to NJ.
He told me that when he heard it he ran inside to my grandfather to see if he could snap a picture of it as it flew overhead.
My grandfathers response was epic:

"I don't have it ready.
You can get a picture the next time it comes overhead. "

Oh no!

After my grandfather died, I inherited his vast collection of black-and-white negatives, and later was given his slide collection from roughly 1953 to 1977. The majority of the slides were Kodachrome. A few years ago I was looking through one of the slide sets and found pictures of a little infant boy who happened to be me in 1964! I had never seen the photos before, and I had not seen many of his photos of my sisters and cousins in the 1950s and 1960s. The older of my two sisters,Susan,was born in 1950 and I happened to see some photos that he shot with his then fairly new Kodak Pony 135B, A camera which was introduced in 1953.I found a few exposures from Susan's fourth birthday party in 1954, and I was able to fairly successfully recover a severely under exposed shot of her opening her birthday presents To me it appears as if the flashbulb had failed to fire or that he forgot to change the flashbulb from the previous exposure

Most reactions

New Topics

Back