Interesting errors

joelbolden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ran a test roll of Fujicolor Superia X-Tra400 through my newly acquired Minolta Hi-Matic 9 last week with highly satisfactory results for the most part; the camera is a joy to use. I did learn that the lens, while very sharp, does not enjoy too much sun exposure; a number of my "frozen tree" pics where the sun is present had considerable flare. The second picture while technically flawed I suppose, I really like. In the first
00021590024_InPixio.L.jpg
000215290014_InPixio_InPixio_InPixio.L.jpg
photo the camera is moved away from the sun. The lens provides excellent detail and sharpness considering the 1960's technology these cameras used. I think it'll be seeing a lot of use in landscapes. I found a hood that fits it, which might help a bit, but I've learned an important limitation on using it.

Last edited:
Technical excellence doesn't equal good photography. I like your images. :D Imperfect as we are. Nice.

I agree. I understand the reasons to avoid flare, but there are times when technicals flaws actually add to the image. I think the second shot is a great example of that. The flare adds a focal point, mood, lines, and texture.

As the great Bob Ross would have said. We don't make mistakes we just have happy accidents.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back