Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Otoji_mark.jpg

So, MX format? My Japanese skills aren't great. And by not great, I do mean that my Japanese skills are completely and wholly nonexistent. But there's DX there with the known camera resolutions, and FX with known resolutions, and then at the top, MX. I'm gonna say that it's a medium-format sensor. With the largest resolution being 40.7 mp! And a high-speed (HSX) at 18mp.

Now, since I don't know Japanese, this is all me speculating. And this could all be a big ol' fake thing, but I thought that the idea of Nikon releasing a medium-format digital camera was worth bringing up.

And if anyone has some Japanese skills, have at this, by all means.

I'm getting kind of excited...

I doubt we'll see dMF from nikon soon, if ever.

there have been rumors of a modular system from nikon coming up, too, where you buy an upgradable or modifiable sensor, like a digital back for a medium format camera. but that's pretty out there, as well.

but, all those leaked japanese brochures seem to have had a little validity in the past.. who knows.

The right page seems to have nothing to do with cameras... it seems to be about buying some food products. Part of it is omitted, so I can't get the whole story (especially since in Japanese the verb comes at the end of the sentence...), but it definitively doesn't seem to be about cameras.

At the MX part is says "MI development plan", and then you can read it as either "data MX format", or "electronic component MX format" or similar. Then the same thing for FX, and then DX.

Very interesting.

no one knows japanese here?

no one knows japanese here?
look at the post above you...
The right page seems to have nothing to do with cameras... it seems to be about buying some food products. Part of it is omitted, so I can't get the whole story (especially since in Japanese the verb comes at the end of the sentence...), but it definitively doesn't seem to be about cameras.

At the MX part is says "MI development plan", and then you can read it as either "data MX format", or "electronic component MX format" or similar. Then the same thing for FX, and then DX.

Very interesting.

Very interesting.

へへへ。。。yeah, it's "data" :D

But I wonder what the "hsx" and "M-Gs" mean???

Don't be silly, this is from a cook book and it's just a list of ingredients to a chocolate cheesecake and mixing/baking instructions. Those numbers are oven temperatures and cooking times.

You rumor mongers need to get your facts straight. :)

But I wonder what the "hsx" and "M-Gs" mean???

A poster on nikonrumors.com thinks "hsx" might stand for a high-speed mode. No idea what the "M-Gs" could mean, but then again, I really don't know much about MF camera systems...:confused:

Maybe those are file sizes and the M-G's stands for Millions of Gigabytes. :lol:

Most reactions

Back