Interesting or not?

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am taking that online class. I am working on composition and I am trying to figure out if this photo would work for my homework for rules of thirds. I am new to compisition...I could often tell what looked good, but wasn't sure why. But my brain is having trouble switching over to the rules.

Would this work with the rule of thirds? Is it interesting? (I am slightly a perfectionist by the way, and having a hobby is bringing that out big time and making me stressed lol)

rain098.gif

One more question - does anyone else HATE how just his bottom teeth are showing and find if very distracting? My husband thinks I am being to critical
1-6.jpg

i know this might belong in gallery but I am too scared lol

You shouldn't be "scared" they are fantastic.

Thanks, you are too sweet. I am really just aiming for not sucky :)

..And the little teeth complement the little shoes. btw :p -cute

Thats my little guy for ya - he's mayan indian, he cant help it :)

These two are great. The best photographers are their own worst critics. :wink:

Emerana, the pics are nice... and let me tell you a secret... my first 200 or so photos were absolutely useless. A bit over 6 months later, and I am getting better... but nowhere near where I want to be.

Most new people will shoot hundreds and get 2-3 keepers. Don't let that get to you... as you improve, the keepers will go up and the quality will keep getting better.

I think that to prove that to myself, what I will do is one day make a small montage of the best pics from month 1, 2, 3, etc... to the present. It will give me an idea of how much I have been progressing.

Sometimes, we cannot see the forest for the trees. ;)

Glad to see that you started the online class. Please let me know how it is working out for you and how you like it!

Emerana, the pics are nice... and let me tell you a secret... my first 200 or so photos were absolutely useless. A bit over 6 months later, and I am getting better... but nowhere near where I want to be.

Most new people will shoot hundreds and get 2-3 keepers. Don't let that get to you... as you improve, the keepers will go up and the quality will keep getting better.

I think that to prove that to myself, what I will do is one day make a small montage of the best pics from month 1, 2, 3, etc... to the present. It will give me an idea of how much I have been progressing.

Sometimes, we cannot see the forest for the trees. ;)

Glad to see that you started the online class. Please let me know how it is working out for you and how you like it!

Im new to this and that sounds about right. I shot about 100 this week and only have 2 keepers.

Thanks Jerry. I do get really bogged down with the little things. I like your idea about making a monthly best phot and seeing where it goes.

Thanks Mav...I can always count on you to be extra harsh and critical (NOT!!!). thanks :)

I think that the shoes are a very good rule of thirds shot, and a very good shot in general.

Keep it up. What online class are you doing? How do you like it?

i think the pics look great!! If you really want to get frustrated go to a museum on a free day! 270 pics and 4 didn't have someone walking right in front of the camera! That would kill any perfectionists day! LOL The pic of your sons face is priceless!!! I think the teeth Add to it. It gives him a out of the ordinary look. (not your typical portrait)

Thanks ryanlilly and happy.

Ryan, I am doing the proud photography class. So far its ok...I wish it had alot more reading material...more umph. But it isnt bad, I am only a few chapters in.

Happy, I avoid any museum at free day, I can only imagine!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back