Interior Design

joyride

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cognizantcog.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have never done any interior shots before, so some comments or improvements would be great.

My uncle is an interior designor around the metro Detroit area. From what I understand, he does good work (however, I dont know much about interior design.) He purchased and moved into a house that needed to be gutted and redone. This will serve as a "demo" home to prospective clients. The house is getting done room by room ,adn only the bathroom and bedroom have been redone.

All the furniture and tiling is custom designed by my uncle and finished by hand. This room is located upstairs, and I heard it was quite a feat getting the parts up there. Also, an extra structural support beam had to be installed above the shower to support the weight of the tile/marbe on the overhang.
Bedroom
1bedroom.jpg

Another angle
1bedroom2.jpg

Entrance to the bathroom (walk in closets on both sides of hallway)
1door.jpg

Double sink countertop (double sided mirror is hung by wire)
1sink1.jpg

one side of counter
1counter.jpg

Profile shot
1faucet2.jpg

Shot from the bath tub
1faucet.jpg

Toilet (although it appears small, it is regular size)
1toilet1.jpg

Shower
1shower1.jpg

I do have some more shots, but I am going golfing. Again, feel free to give me some pointers!

That is a beautiful place, I'd love to live somewher like that.

I'm not totally sure, but some of them seem distorted (right word?) and the wight balance is a little off. I'm probably wrong but I think that's what I noticed with them.

I would probably try leaving the curtains closed, or shoot when the light isn't beaming right through the window leaving wierd shadows, and a bright window shape in the carpet. The ones without the window look good to me. And your uncle has some cool designs.

the bathroom one I like the best, its not a good thing to mix light temps with interior stuff (well usually that is) I would stop down the lens and shoot with everything in focus, wait till the sun is going down just a little ambient light from outside, but then the lights and fixtures can really shine!!!!!

good stuff....

yeah, I agree with most of the problems. I couldnt do much about the light though. I knew the windows and light was totally blown out, but there was nothing I could tdo to tone it down. I was also worried about the DOF. Also, I see that it does seem the white balance is totally off on some. I had it set to auto (which is usually fine), but it came out strange. Maybe it was becasue of me editing them. I edited some of these months before others, and I know I was using different editing styles. Guess I should have done them all at once. Thanks for the comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back