internal elements covered in something

An anecdotal sampling of one does not create empirical proof of a theory.

And the assumption that I was comparing my Gauss design 105/2.5 against my Sonnar does not provide a reasonable basis for your statement.
My Gauss designed 105/2.5 does not show the problems of CA that I've seen in about half a dozen other samples (all Gauss) from review images posted online. That this is down to mine never being apart is an educated guess based on my experience of only using and buying MF Nikkors and that the ones I've had problems with are the ones that have not been serviced with proper care and attention.

How the h-e-double-toothpicks can I 'assume' anything about your lenses. I can't assume you're comparing any of your lenses to each other since I don't know what you have for lenses.

So your statement about assumption has absolutely no basis at all.

So my experience of a number of MF Nikkors that splitting the lens assembly tends to result in more visible aberrations than lenses that are as they left the factory is unfounded then because I'm the only person at this particular time in this particular thread who's saying it?

An anecdotal sampling of one does not create empirical proof of a theory.

And the assumption that I was comparing my Gauss design 105/2.5 against my Sonnar does not provide a reasonable basis for your statement.
My Gauss designed 105/2.5 does not show the problems of CA that I've seen in about half a dozen other samples (all Gauss) from review images posted online. That this is down to mine never being apart is an educated guess based on my experience of only using and buying MF Nikkors and that the ones I've had problems with are the ones that have not been serviced with proper care and attention.

How the h-e-double-toothpicks can I 'assume' anything about your lenses. I can't assume you're comparing any of your lenses to each other since I don't know what you have for lenses.

So your statement about assumption has absolutely no basis at all.

So my experience of a number of MF Nikkors that splitting the lens assembly tends to result in more visible aberrations than lenses that are as they left the factory is unfounded then because I'm the only person at this particular time in this particular thread who's saying it?

Depends on what 'a number' is. Up to now, your experience was just one.

Most reactions

Back