International Society of Pro Photographers - real or not???

funkyphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had emails from these people for about 2 yrs now inviting me to join them. For the priviledge they want $168 and will provide a certificate and a shiny medal!! I have no intention of joining them, although their website does look pretty credible. So, are they real or not??? Do they invite just photographers to join, or do they invite anyone?? I'm curious......

I've never heard of them. Do they offer any other benefits besides the certificate and medal?

From what i can see they just do photo contests??? I'm with the AIPP so I won't go with them anyway, but was curious to see if they were genuine - I don't think they offer any other benefits - but the shiny new medal looks good??? I could always hit demanding clients with it :)

If they trace back to picture.com...then it all becomes clear.

picture.com is a site/contest (or so they say) where they invite you to enter. All or most of the images are 'accepted' and offered to be put into a book. They put together a large book and offer to 'publish' your photo. Once you look into it, you see that it's just a large book with thousands of thumbnail sized images. Then, of course, you can buy the book for $100 (or whatever it costs). They also have other means of trying to separate you from your hard earned money.

While they might not technically be a 'scam'....I'd certainly avoid them.

picture.com is a site/contest (or so they say) where they invite you to enter. All or most of the images are 'accepted' and offered to be put into a book. They put together a large book and offer to 'publish' your photo. Once you look into it, you see that it's just a large book with thousands of thumbnail sized images. Then, of course, you can buy the book for $100 (or whatever it costs). They also have other means of trying to separate you from your hard earned money.

While they might not technically be a 'scam'....I'd certainly avoid them.

Then my instincts are good!!! Love your website by the way Mike x

Then my instincts are good!!!
For sure. About 6 years ago, I fell for it and submitted a photo. I didn't spend any money though, so the didn't 'get' me.

Love your website by the way Mike
Thanks.

While they might not technically be a 'scam'....I'd certainly avoid
them.

Yeah the 'published' book doesn't appear anywhere. The copy you get is the only copy produced. I was scammed by them once. I was so happy my photo was a 'semi finalist':grumpy::er:.

They are SUCH a scam. :angry1:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back