International topless day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to call BS on this. its that type of "just kidding around" attitude that promotes the acceptance of sexual harassment and assault against women as ok because "boys will be boys".
While I can appreciate that you objected to the use of the term "fun bags" as a euphemism for breasts, I think that it's a bit of a stretch to consider it sexual harassment or assault particularly because in my experience, almost no one, male or female (with the possible exception of the occasional person in the medical community) refers to the genitals of either sex by their "proper" name. Not liking a term and the use of that term constituting a crime are two very different animals.

For instance, as most of you know, my first name is John. I find the common use of my name as a euphemism for a toilet to be quite offensive, BUT... I realize that this is an accepted use of the term, and while I can complain about it, and ask people not to use the term, aside from my hurt feelings, there's nothing overtly wrong with their doing so.
Mine nick name is Beav and it stinks...

Have to call BS on this. its that type of "just kidding around" attitude that promotes the acceptance of sexual harassment and assault against women as ok because "boys will be boys".
While I can appreciate that you objected to the use of the term "fun bags" as a euphemism for breasts, I think that it's a bit of a stretch to consider it sexual harassment or assault particularly because in my experience, almost no one, male or female (with the possible exception of the occasional person in the medical community) refers to the genitals of either sex by their "proper" name. Not liking a term and the use of that term constituting a crime are two very different animals.

For instance, as most of you know, my first name is John. I find the common use of my name as a euphemism for a toilet to be quite offensive, BUT... I realize that this is an accepted use of the term, and while I can complain about it, and ask people not to use the term, aside from my hurt feelings, there's nothing overtly wrong with their doing so.

Regarding using the proper medical terms for sexual reproductive organs.......I HATE the word VAGINA. it just sounds wrong. VAGINA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As well as in all probability the reason that Regina is no longer a popular name for girls.

This all is reminding me of a certain Bloodhound Gang song...

My point was that saying something like that then defending it with the whole just kidding you're too sensitive argument is BS. I wasn't trying to say it was sexual harassment, I was trying to say that type of attitude (saying something derogatory or offensive then laughing it off) contributes to that type of culture.

First I never said anyone was to sensitive. Way to put words in peoples mouths to win an argument.

He's not going to get it. He doesn't have to. He has the luxury of never being on the receiving end. Anyone who takes offense will be told that we either don't have a sense or humor, or we're too sensitive, or we're not thinking rationally. It's called gaslighting.

Second. None of you have a clue what my life was like but here's a quick snippet all by the ripe old age of 7.
Physically, mentally and sexually abused.
Been stabbed beaten and burned.
Had to take care of my 3 yr old sister for over a week without an adult (she's a yard younger than me).

So stating I had any luxury just goes to show that you paint all men with the same brush.

I'm done arguing with the wanna be a victim crowd.
This my last post in this thread.

Ok, so I start a thread about trying to have political ads removed (completely innocent thread), and the whole thing gets locked down almost immediately, with every comment deleted except my OP.

And somehow a thread denigrating women has been allowed to continue to three pages?

Interesting.

My point was that saying something like that then defending it with the whole just kidding you're too sensitive argument is BS. I wasn't trying to say it was sexual harassment, I was trying to say that type of attitude (saying something derogatory or offensive then laughing it off) contributes to that type of culture.
I'd like to know who created the term, because I'm guessing it wasn't a woman.

I'm really testing my will power trying to leave this thread alone.....

And so it ends.

Some of you should think twice on which topics you choose to play on, and the comments you make in the guise of a jest. Some of you want to think that others are too uptight, lack humor, etc. Maybe some are, but this whole topic seems to have brought out very interesting comments that make some people look disrespectful, condescending and flippant.

I leave it to you to figure it out. Just not here.

One last comment. Some images posted here will be going bye-bye. The site owners have made it clear they want no nude imagery here; only by special permission from me to gain access. If you want it, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back