Interstellar is really great

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yeah yeah there's some pseudo-science and some logical issues here and there but overall, awesome movie.

So, imagine if a less terrible, alternate version of the movie Prometheus and the already-great Gravity had a baby. Okay, now imagine that baby was directed by Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight, Inception). Interstellar is basically really, really great sci-fi. It's optimistic and hopeful, yet it keeps in-tact the human condition, which gives it a sense of realism.

In recent years, sci-fi ('I, Robot', Elysium, Oblivion, etc...) and science-focused films (Gravity, Apollo 18, etc...) have been very....dystopian. If not that, then they just play on our fear of the unknown to give us "What if" worst-case scenarios. Yes, it makes for entertaining movies, but at the same time, it kind of sucks that we've lost that excitement of the 20th century. I mean, Star Trek was about how exciting the future is. People weren't complete psychopaths because of technology, and the technology wasn't completely psychopathic because of humans. The possibilities were endless.

Interstellar is much in the same spirit as this older generation of sci-fi film.

I could go on, but I don't want to give away too much. All in all, it's a refreshing sci-fi film that is well worth 3 hours of your time. Oh, and you will cry. Like, probably a few times.

Last edited:
You mean Christopher "Bwong" Nolan?

I can't wait to see it but odd are I'll end up seeing it on DVD.

You mean Christopher "Bwong" Nolan?

I can't wait to see it but odd are I'll end up seeing it on DVD.

I feel like there are less bwongs in this one. Most come from the pretty awesome soundtrack (which is Hans Zimmer-centric again, so yeah....bwongs...), which establishes much of the atmosphere for the film

I saw it in this old theater that still uses film projection instead of digital. It gave the film a kind of mid-80's aesthetic. It was really kinda neat combined with the all the CGI and the soundtrack.

I want to see it!

The wife and I just saw John Wick. It was a good, mindless action movie, but definitely lacked any sort of plot or character development. For what it was intended to be (shoot 'em up vengeance thriller), it was good.

I mean, Star Trek was about how exciting the future is.... The possibilities were endless.

Completely agree. I loved older sci-fi movies/shows. People thought we'd be living on the moon in the mid to late '1900s. How awesome is that? They looked forward to the future, instead of being afraid of it.

Today's movies and shows definitely portray a bleak, unrealistic future.

But just...this.

I was planning on seeing that tomorrow but then I heard the sound was pretty load. The last couple of films have actually hurt my ears so I'm backing down on seeing it. Or else get ear plugs. :)

I was planning on seeing that tomorrow but then I heard the sound was pretty load. The last couple of films have actually hurt my ears so I'm backing down on seeing it. Or else get ear plugs. :)
This is unfortunately too true. It's a sad trend lately that you have to turn the sound up to hear the characters talking and then rush to turn it down before the next big stunt sequence blows out your windows. :(

Yeah a lot of the music is very 'epic' sounding and it escalates in volume as the action peaks. So I can understand that haha.

Most reactions

Back