Interview with a kid!

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As its been mentiond a few times about the interview series...ive started them up again and have a few people on the list.

My first lucky Candidate is JonMikal!

48561099-O.jpg

Alright, lets start with a few simple questions.

JonMikal...I know you’ve explained this before, but enlighten me again, what’s the truth behind the name?

my first and middle names are John Michael. before meeting Linda, i was called Michael by my family, friends and co-workers, but she has called me John Michael from first meeting…it’s all i hear anymore. this variation has become my username here and elsewhere.

Your avatar is one of the most memorable things about you...is there a story behind it? It looks like some kind of, stand against something, you pushing back?

a stand of someone else. during my film shooting years of the 70’s i would attend lots of protests…still do. this was a protester near the Supreme Court Building. he didn’t like me in his face….oh well.

What is your most memorable moment in photography?

being asked to photograph a special event for a former boss

If you could shoot with any photographer (dead or alive, tpf or non tpf) who would it be and why?

i’ve not studied photography and therefore am not familiar with famous photogs besides Ansel, so i’ll stick with TPF. here, there are many members who i admire and draw inspiration from, but to answer your question, i’d like to hang with Graham for a while. if we were to ever get past cutting up, i’m sure i’d be enlightened in some fashion.

What camera, and camera system do you use at the moment?

i alternate between the nikon d70 & d50 with an 18-55mm ED and a 55-200mm ED, and an olympus c5060.

What is your dream camera?

sorry, i don’t have a “dream” camera per se. i am quite satisfied with my current setup and don’t hope for anything more but the “lucky shot”.

Do you prefer digital or film, could you explain your views of the digital vs. film debate?

i have limited darkroom experience and prefer instant gratification; therefore, i lean towards digital. “the debate”, eh? some people will say digital photography will never replace film; like there’s some built-in essence of photography that is personified in film. i have found in my readings that it doesn’t exist, and there is nothing exceptional in the grains of silver halide in film as opposed to the pixels of digital technology. technology and costs are reasonable considerations that should aid in one’s direction. honestly, i believe it’s the excitement an individual’s experience in the darkroom vs. the excitement of PS. my opinion of course.
a loaded question you gave me there Arty...which 50% of the readers will disagree.

Given the choice would you take photography as a job, in any given field, or is it already a job?

yes, i would love to make photography a career…focusing on architecture and street scenes. and with my love of cemeteries, i’d have to visit a few occasionally. hmmm, wonder if there’s a future in funeral photography? but in these late stages of my current career, photography will have to remain a passion.

If you could give one word of advice to us budding photographs out there, what would it be?

GET A REAL JOB!!!! NO, REALLY!!! i’m kidding of course. shoot manual! if this fails, shoot automatic and blame your camera for the results. you want me to be serious i think…that’s hard you know first, determine your niche in the photography field…portraits, weddings, architecture, commercial…whatever it is, go after it with a vengeance! i remember reading this or something similar and it stuck with me, "…to be a photographer, one must photograph. no amount of book learning, no amount of seminars attended can substitute for making pictures. experience is the best teacher of all…there are no guarantees that one will become successful…ONLY THE JOURNEY MATTERS.” i cannot remember who the author was…it just stuck with me. so, shoot, shoot, shoot and post for constructive feedback. this forum will truly benefit you in more ways than you could ever imagine J

hery hey great read!
nice idea.. would love to be reading interviews of the sort more often :D
nice interview JM :D
thanks arty :D

Thanks for the flattery, JM. I was intending to enlighten you of your wallet but now I've changed my mind. And I think I would learn quite a lot from you.
To be honest I don't think the world would cope with us if we ever got together. We'd achieve some kind of non-critical mess :lol:

Thanks for picking up the interview idea again, Arty!
Great one, JonMikal, thanks for your answers, too!
This photo is really good.
Where has the idea of the voice-recorded interviews gone to? (Remember were are all so happy to hear Mentos' voice on here?)

I have several planned for the not at all distant future, and I am begging anyone I ask (Ill get round to everyone dont you worry) if they have mikes...I have a very special idea too...but Alas, no one appears to have microphones...

nice! :thumbsup:

Great interview! Love that photo as well :D

Well, now that you seem to be here, JonMikal, let me stress once again how much I like your photo that goes with the interview!!!

LaFoto said:
Well, now that you seem to be here, JonMikal, let me stress once again how much I like your photo that goes with the interview!!!

thank you so much Corinna :blushing: :hug::

Aye, twas an interesting interview...and ive got another interesting one, I feel, lined up next...infact a lot lined up...

EVERYONE BUY MICROPHONES!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back