Intimacy

Actinometro

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
8210056647_7846583b17_c.jpg

I don't get intimacy at all. I get "It's underexposed and I can't really see anything". :(

^^^ pretty much the same as above.

Is there a specific reason you underexposed this much? I can kind of see what you were going for but you would have benefitted greatly if you had some soft light to brighten up the cottages.
Still unsure if it would have given you intimacy but would have helped the image IMO.

Sorry; the black portions look tarry and spoils the show...i think it is not up to your imagination and not up to my expectation ;)

Regards :D

That's precisely what I saw. That's what I felt. Proximity, well being and peace.

There appears to be some sharpening halos along the skyline, which makes it feel a bit off to me.

I am generally in favor of masses of indistinct darkness. Somehow this one isn't quite working for me. something about the material in front of the mass (pier? boats? huts?) is either too distinct, or not distinct enough. If it was more lost in the darkness, I would believe it as texture I wasn't supposed to be too concerned with. If it was more distinct, it would work as a subject. As it is, it's somewhere in between.

Is it just me or the original photo was replaced? I thought the sky was much darker than this when I saw this image yesterday.

Is it just me or the original photo was replaced? I thought the sky was much darker than this when I saw this image yesterday.

It's the very same original photo.

There appears to be some sharpening halos along the skyline, which makes it feel a bit off to me.

I am generally in favor of masses of indistinct darkness. Somehow this one isn't quite working for me. something about the material in front of the mass (pier? boats? huts?) is either too distinct, or not distinct enough. If it was more lost in the darkness, I would believe it as texture I wasn't supposed to be too concerned with. If it was more distinct, it would work as a subject. As it is, it's somewhere in between.

There are in fact halos mainly due to the sub horizontal light and a bit to sharpening.
As for the dark mass at this level of luminosity I suppose monitor calibration matters.

Would have made a nice HDR

Most reactions

New Topics

Back