Into the blackhole

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This one was lost in the virual file cabinet from my Sony days. Never touched. Wow, how about that. It's even sharp ;)

After I found it, It thought I'd play around and see what it would look like. Well, what do you think? Should I throw it back in and weld the drawer shut?

View attachment 38893

I like it, Rick. And that means a lot because I DON'T like black and white ;)

It's funny how nature repeats herself. Even though it's a tree trunk it could easily be an outer space shot.

Thanks Scott, I got the same feeling staring into the center of the shot. I feel it kind'a pulls you in.

Yum! Very nice! I definitely can see a space connection. I also see a very "caveman art" vibe if you flip it to the left too ;)

I like it. There can be some great texture in those cross-cuts. But this one has the extra split that really provides a relatively solid black amidst the broken texture in the rest of the shot - a good contrast.

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery noice!!!!

Love the detail in this shot. It's always nice to find a new keeper when going through 'old' photos.

Yeah, I don't even have a clue where it was taken. I even had to look at the EXIF file to see what camera I used
I've been having so many focusing issues with my D2oo, then I see this was taken with my entry level Sony. It's a little frustrating.

Thanks for the comment

Nice shot. I would play with making it darker - mostly the mid-tones, but also the highlights a little.

I dunno ... hate to be the party pooper here but something is amiss for me, tbh. I want it sharper, darker, more contrasty, abstract, weird, something. It's not a bad shot. It's just not a memorable one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back