TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My first attempt into Food Photography.

HoneyFirst by Mohammed Alhaidan, on Flickr
35423259643_b37cb8c22f_b.jpg
HoneyFirst[/url] by Mohammed Alhaidan, on Flickr[/IMG]

I think the lighting and set-up is great, and I actually think the low angle works.

Here's a total nitpick that may just be my own neurosis rather than a problem with the photo: I don't like that the honey pot is sitting over the gap between wood slats. I would rather see the pot entirely on one slat of wood. That would place the spoon in front of the pot, but I think that would also work as a still-life arrangement, and you'd still see the lovely flowers in the background.

I think the lighting and set-up is great, and I actually think the low angle works.

Here's a total nitpick that may just be my own neurosis rather than a problem with the photo: I don't like that the honey pot is sitting over the gap between wood slats. I would rather see the pot entirely on one slat of wood. That would place the spoon in front of the pot, but I think that would also work as a still-life arrangement, and you'd still see the lovely flowers in the background.
No you're absolutely right about the wood slats I totally agree with you because it bothered me also I tried sticking things like a stick of wood but it didn't work, the funny thing that I didn't think anyone would notice it, you have a great eye for details I give you that...Anyway thanks a lot for your feedback.

Will have to try something similar after the first honey flow. We have 4 hives of bees this year.

Over all it is a nice shot and pretty well done. Some things I am not a fan of is the umbrella reflection on the glass.

I might have added some more light to the jar of honey too.

Over all it is a nice shot and pretty well done. Some things I am not a fan of is the umbrella reflection on the glass.

I might have added some more light to the jar of honey too.

You're right, I didn't like the umbrella reflection either, I wish I had a soft-box 1 x 4 or something similar it would be much better.

MOSTLY good, but there are some nits...like the gap in the wooden boards that make up the table, the umbrella reflection, etc. More light in the jar: try taping on a smaller-than-the-jar, white piece of paper to the back side of the honeypot. That will crete "more light" in the honey!

My nit? The hobey dispenser wand...just laying on the table; to me, that makes no sense, to have it just..laying on a table...it needs to be drizzling the honey onto something, like a hot, buttered biscuit! Or onto a cornbread square!

Still,mostly good!

Most reactions

Back