Intriguing texture

Stradawhovious

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was documenting some of my belongings for insurance purposes, and came across the following. I was really taken with the lines and textures.

Let me know what you think!

7619810384_fddf50af05_z.jpg

OK, after taking a look at this post, it seems that there is no frame of reference with this photo due to the white background geting lost in the white background of the post. I have added a border for visual context here, and hopefully it helps outline what I say in this one as far as the lines.

Thanks!

7620063540_8b0aba28f3_z.jpg

I like it better without the frame. Reminds me of the making of books by Dorling Kindersley - I've always admired how they create photos as illustrations which so merge with the white of the pages that the items just stand alone.
You did that in the first with an item that ... erm ... I don't recognise, but I agree that texture, joints, lines, colours all come out nicely on the purely white background and the light you chose (light tent?).

You did that in the first with an item that ... erm ... I don't recognise,

Yeah, that was intentional. Not many would recognize this item, and that's OK. It's the lines textures I'm focused on here.....

but I agree that texture, joints, lines, colours all come out nicely on the purely white background and the light you chose (light tent?).

Thanks! I used a piece of white construction paper, a couple of speedlights and a couple of shoot through umbrellas.

Hmmm, a folded bayonet, but what rifle? Hard to tell, I'm thinking Japanese Arisaka?

D'oh! You replied befoee I changed it...lol, was changing to Mosin/Nagant. LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back