Introducing...... Me

Ashton Edgley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
G'day Everyone,

My name is Ashton Edgley and I am a keen photographer at 15 years old. I am constantly looking for feedback on my photos and would highly appreciate any comments and critiques on my images. I have been shooting for roughly 2 years now and love it. I have been mentored by a few professional photographers and am now trying to broaden my horizons.

please take a moment or two to have a look at my work :)

Flickr Ashton Edgley s Photostream

Any tips, comments questions etc, please feel welcome to ask!

Cheers,

Ashton

Wait a second, I'm me! Well, welcome Ashton.

Welcome.
Most people won't go look at your photostream to comment because we are intent on building a community here and looking at images off site does nothing to help that.
Become active here, post pictures here for comment and critique and everyone benefits.

Lew

Welcome to TPF Ashton...

Welcome to TPF, Ashton! I looked at your Flickr page...you have a decent eye. If there is one thing that stands out, it is that your image processing seems very "straight", with straight meaning as in "realistic and true to life". I think if there's one thing you could do it would be to add some vignette, some darkening, to the edges of a lot of your images. And, if not vignetting, maybe strive for some post processing that has a bit of customization to it; perhaps some warmer white balance, or some lowered clarity on delicate subjects, perhaps some added vibrance on some of the shots made under flat, overcast lighting. You are doing almost the exact opposite of most younger, beginning shooters--who often go for the Saturaton To the Max! Sliders Allllll The Way Right! line of thought....no, you're going the opposite way, almost into the too subtle, too muted, on a lot of subjects. Most things look almost totally "Zero'd Out"...too far toward the playing it safe zone, too much "neutral" in terms of color looks.

Overall though, you are not making a lot of the mistakes many young people make; you are shooting at a much higher level than many people of your age group. I think your skills with the camera are decent, and that the biggest area you could improve with the least effort would be in post-processing for a bit more impact, on selected images.

Your most-recent images show a rapid growth from the older stuff. You will get better very fast from now on.

Welcome to TPF, Ashton! I looked at your Flickr page...you have a decent eye. If there is one thing that stands out, it is that your image processing seems very "straight", with straight meaning as in "realistic and true to life". I think if there's one thing you could do it would be to add some vignette, some darkening, to the edges of a lot of your images. And, if not vignetting, maybe strive for some post processing that has a bit of customization to it; perhaps some warmer white balance, or some lowered clarity on delicate subjects, perhaps some added vibrance on some of the shots made under flat, overcast lighting. You are doing almost the exact opposite of most younger, beginning shooters--who often go for the Saturaton To the Max! Sliders Allllll The Way Right! line of thought....no, you're going the opposite way, almost into the too subtle, too muted, on a lot of subjects. Most things look almost totally "Zero'd Out"...too far toward the playing it safe zone, too much "neutral" in terms of color looks.

Overall though, you are not making a lot of the mistakes many young people make; you are shooting at a much higher level than many people of your age group. I think your skills with the camera are decent, and that the biggest area you could improve with the least effort would be in post-processing for a bit more impact, on selected images.

Your most-recent images show a rapid growth from the older stuff. You will get better very fast from now on.

Thank You so much Derrel, I appreciate your advice immensely. I will have to experiment with some photos. I have never really edited any of my photos that much, but i am keen to give it a shot :) Thanks again,

Ashton

Most reactions

Back