Introducing myself, and question: Canon T3i vs. Panasonic GH2?

fca182

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone! Since I'm a newb at the forum and this is my first post here, I might as well introduce myself:

I'm a graphic design student and illustrator from Uruguay, currently living in the US. Being interested in these two fields (and being a major movie buff) I've always admired photography, so I've decided it's time to ditch my point-and-shoot for something a bit more serious.

I'm really just starting to familiarize myself with some photography terms (thanks to some posts on this forum) so bear with me :D

Anyway, I've been reading up reviews and youtube videos for a couple of weeks in search of a good camera to start with. Right now, I think my best options might be a Canon T3i or a Panasonic GH2 (I'm interested in a camera that can manage shooting good 1080p videos).

The main thing setting me back from the Canon is the low fps rate (I'm into skateboarding and extreme sports, so being able to take good burst shots would definitely be a plus).

The Panasonic has a higher burst rate, and from what I've seen, slightly better video quality too. It also seems to have a pretty decent autofocus in video mode.

But what about it's picture quality?
Would it be a good idea to buy a mirrorless camera?
How does it perform in low light?
And what are my options with lenses with a Panasonic? Can I use Canon lenses with an adapter?

Would you go with a T3i or the GH2?

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back