Introduction, new to photography

mrpratt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all

I am new to photography, although I have been shooting with my p&s for a couple years now, I decided I wanted to get more serious into it. I bought a digital rebel xti (got it for 225 off retail so I jumped on it). I am going to be getting more into it, but I haven't taken any classes or even read any books on it, although I am reading a guide on how to get to know the xti.

It came in today, and just going out and shooting around with it I took over 100 pics without even thinking about it. I wasn't shooting anything in particular, just whatever was around.

I haven't edited my photos because I don't really care about these, but I will eventually. I have photoshop and have been using it for about a year now.

Let me know what you think, I am definitely open to comments and criticism!

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

I like em for the most part, but the Z being out of focus is really bothering.

One thing that my friend and I just did with his XT was to go into the settings and change the image tone. Bumping it up just a little really makes the pictures much more vibrant and will help prevent the pictures from looking flat.

This can also be done in post processing, but it saves time in camera.

oh, and welcome to the forum

I like em for the most part, but the Z being out of focus is really bothering.

One thing that my friend and I just did with his XT was to go into the settings and change the image tone. Bumping it up just a little really makes the pictures much more vibrant and will help prevent the pictures from looking flat.

This can also be done in post processing, but it saves time in camera.

oh, and welcome to the forum

Thanks Kyle

I didn't even look close enough to see that it was out of focus. I like the 2nd one best anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion about changing the tone. I looked into it and sounds like something I had an idea about wanting to do, but didn't know how to do it. Thanks for the direction.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back