Introduction

firecrow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi -- I'm really glad to have found this forum!

I have been photographing for about a year and a half; I am entirely self-taught and have proceeded mostly through trial and error. Despite that I think I have had some success, I still consider myself very much a beginner, especially with the technical parts.. I am glad to find a forum with hopefully such a range of interests as I am not that interested in the "standard" topics of landscapes, portraits, and so on, with the exception of automotive photography which I am starting to take a bit more seriously. I tend to do more abstract kind of work focusing on textures, patterns, everyday natural/urban/architectural details. I am obsessed with the play of light and shadow. Everything I do is based around the idea of taking walks in interesting places, making my mind a total blank and shooting whatever I encounter and am passionate about, what compels me -- trying to capture what I see as honestly as I can, without contrivance or embellishment.

My gear right now is very simple: Nikon D70 , Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 zoom. Today I always shoot full manual and RAW. So far I have not used tripod or flash -- only available light and these days ISO 200 only. I have also stopped using apertures above f/13 because of noticeable fuzziness which I guess is due to diffraction, this may be a problem with this lens or maybe a general problem with the format, I don't know which. I have no filters or other accessories. On the computer (Mac) I use Graphic Converter and Photoshop CS.

Samples of my work can be found here:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/55539347@N00/sets/72157604661526097/

I look forward to participating in this forum and learning all I can!

Yet another Phoenician joining! Awesome! Welcome aboard from Ahwatukee.

Most reactions

Back