Introductions forum

nynfortoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it possible to move this up in the stacking order, since it's so far towards the bottom it's heavily overlooked?

The beginners' forum is heavily inundated with introductions these days; it seems less about asking questions and more about saying hello now.

Not being an admin, I don't know how difficult or easy it is to move forums around, could be totally easy, could be some work, I know NOTHING about those matters, but ... when I was only new, it took me about 30 posts into here before I even saw there was a Welcome and Introductions forum :oops: ... so yes, the idea has been mentioned by me among us earlier, too, and is being considered. (The admin team work in normal jobs, though, too, and don't always have the time for such things, or they forget). I can remind them and we can re-consider the idea. OK?

I can remind them and we can re-consider the idea. OK?

That would be great. Thanks, Corinna.

Anyway, I'm not expecting this, but it'd be nice to do just to clear things up and give new members an easily identifiable place to say hello without clogging up every forum (I've been noticing introduction posts popping up in about 5 different sections!)

I don't think it would be a difficult thing to change, though I'm not familiar with this board's software.

Thanks.

Not being an admin, I don't know how difficult or easy it is to move forums around, could be totally easy, could be some work, I know NOTHING about those matters, but ... when I was only new, it took me about 30 posts into here before I even saw there was a Welcome and Introductions forum :oops: ... so yes, the idea has been mentioned by me among us earlier, too, and is being considered. (The admin team work in normal jobs, though, too, and don't always have the time for such things, or they forget). I can remind them and we can re-consider the idea. OK?

It should take about 2 ~ 3 minutes max to move it. I was an admin. on a old board which has since shut down (the owner got to busy in real life). I suspect the admins here are busy in real life at the moment...or they don't intend to move it. :D
I do know that I was concerned where to post first. It seemed as if there was no clear place to put an introduction thread. I didn't wanna jump out on the wrong foot.

It should take about 2 ~ 3 minutes max to move it.
It would have taken me a lot less time than that, but I had to figure out exactly where to put it and play with the order settings first. :lol:

This move is something we have kicked around for awhile, but things get put on the back burner according to what else might be happening, and this was one of them. We appreciate you asking about it again.

Hopefully this move will help guide our new members, so we can get to know each other better as TPF continues to grow! :)

It would have taken me a lot less time than that, but I had to figure out exactly where to put it and play with the order settings first. :lol:

This move is something we have kicked around for awhile, but things get put on the back burner according to what else might be happening, and this was one of them. We appreciate you asking about it again.

Hopefully this move will help guide our new members, so we can get to know each other better as TPF continues to grow! :)

Sounds like it's a lot easier on VB than it is on PHPbb....I actually hate moving forums around, especially from bottom to top.

Hooray, cheers Terri. I made a difference!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back