Iowa ice storm

Bev_K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bevklingensmith.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I haven't posted any pictures here before, but thought I would start and share photos from a recent ice storm.

p243088125-3.jpg

p171663592-3.jpg

p64663633-3.jpg

Thanks for looking! :) Comments and critiques are welcome.

Bev

I like these - are those cherries?

I've always been amazed at how the ice wraps itself around everything it touches. It's sort of like you're looking at the world through nature's own stained glass windows.

The only time I don't like the ice is when it wraps itself around the power lines and knocks my power out for a week... :)

Thank you!

They are actually crab apples. I thought they were cherries until my hubby corrected me. <G>

Yes, our power was out for EIGHT days. Ug. If you want to see some photos of our damage, visit www.iowadane.com/febsnowindex.htm .

Sadly, we lost a LOT of branches and even some trees. Our tree line looks slaughtered - the tops of most trees are broken and there are so many downed limbs.

Bev

They're really cool, I love them :)

Would be even greater with a really shallow DOF. Not sure what camera you're using so you might be limited...

great shots, i love #1, and the angle in #2 makes for a great composition... looks too cold for me... :D

They're really cool, I love them :)

Would be even greater with a really shallow DOF. Not sure what camera you're using so you might be limited...

Thank you. I'm using the Canon Rebel. Most of those shots were with the 50 mm 1.8.

Here is one with a more shallow DOF:

p13187533-3.jpg

Bev

Most reactions

Back