iPhone 6 Photography at the White House

Stupid. Iphones, while robust, CANNOT match the quality of a DSLR.

Jake

Mehh... Sounds to me like someone trying to gain a little extra notoriety by doing something "edgy".

Jake
they do make up for it in some other ways.... portability and accessibility, noticeability, and I am tempted to say the worse the camera the more the photographers ability to have vision comes into play....

I will shoot with anything really. cellphone, bridge camera, dlsr, point and shoot, 4 mp 5mp 16 mp 20 mp 24 mp toy camera from the toy section I pretty much like it all..

Jake
they do make up for it in some other ways.... portability and accessibility, noticeability, and I am tempted to say the worse the camera the more the photographers ability to have vision comes into play....

But this is a pt photographer who went to shoot an event. Not a random person who happened to have their phone on them. It's just such a foolish idea.

Jake

But this is a pt photographer who went to shoot an event. Not a random person who happened to have their phone on them. It's just such a foolish idea.
true, I guess there is a certain quality and professionalism expected...

Jake

Exactly. This is a perfect example of a professional doing something non-professional and writing it off as an artistic idea.

Jake

Exactly. This is a perfect example of a professional doing something non-professional and writing it off as an artistic idea.
he did make a couple interesting points though. holding over his head, people less likely to react, ushered through rooms fast. It doesn't sound like a actual shoot more of a quick tour. And I do like the square format and lack of quality in a way it almost looks old school.

If he wanted square format, being a professional, he should have either cropped from shooting a DSLR or shot 6x6 medium format. This sounds lazy and like he didnt care about the job. You could easily shoot a TLR or Hassy with a waste level view finder upside down above your head for amazing shots. Hell, shoot a rangefinder.

Does anyone truly believe that this was just something he did on his own? :lol: Not in a million friggin' years! I am willing to bet two years of the OPs salary, or three large cheese pizzas (whichever is of greater value) that this was an idea that was discussed and approved well in advance based on the premises that (1) the pictures weren't terribly important; (2) the results were likely to be at least decent; and (3) there was a certain amount of positive publicity to be gained through the photographer using a "cool" new tool to which the children could relate, and being artistic.

Does anyone truly believe that this was just something he did on his own? :lol: Not in a million friggin' years! I am willing to bet two years of the OPs salary, or three large cheese pizzas (whichever is of greater value) that this was an idea that was discussed and approved well in advance based on the premises that (1) the pictures weren't terribly important; (2) the results were likely to be at least decent; and (3) there was a certain amount of positive publicity to be gained through the photographer using a "cool" new tool to which the children could relate, and being artistic.

Then the whole office is dumb.

Then the whole office is dumb.
THAT is a whole different discussion and might be getting a little too close to 'political' for this forum! ;)

dunno. said freelance. sounded to me like he was just getting a quick walk thu. But what do I know...

Most reactions

Back