iPhone for photography

AndyLast

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
there are people who use iPhones for photography? Maybe there are some secrets? Share please)

there are people who use iPhones for photography? Maybe there are some secrets? Share please)

A professional with an iPhone would get better results than a novice with a $10,000 camera setup, in most cases.

Secrets? Download a camera app that allows you some manual control, like camera plus. Turn on the grid lines and learn the rules of composition. Get unique perspectives.. get down low or up high for more visual impact.

I try to get low angle shots with my iPhone
IMG_9237.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people shoot weddings with their cell phone :1219:

I'm sure. I wonder how many of those people are professional photographers making images for a client?

Every pic I post comes from my Galaxy 6 Active.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I use my iPhone SE quite often. The "secret" to iPhone photography is a simple one: use it like a "real camera"!

Move your camera position to improve the shot. Keep the camera steady. THINK about the composition. Work on timing. Decide if the best composition is square, or vertical, or horizontal-for every subject and for every shot! Use camera support, don't shoot one-handed or while walking. Download the images to your computer, and use Lightroom or some other image editing application to optimize the pictures.

MANY very fine images were made with very inferior "cameras" in the film era, and even in the modern digital era; today's iPhone is a pretty decent camera by historical standards. Use it like what it is: a "real camera".

Reactions: orf
It all depends on your specific goals. As for me, Tat does not like photography at the superprofessional level, I see only pluses in the use of iPhones, even what you can photograph and immediately send photos to friends or relatives. Recently read an article that confirms my theory, and picked up some of the chips from there, if you are interested, you can read here For web lovers - iphone photography tips and tricks

I have been using my iPhone 7 to take photos. After hating everything I was taking with my DSLR a few years ago, I sold it and have just been taking phone pics. I'm hoping to continue and get more experience. Then possibly pic up a camera again in the future.

Bought 7 Plus just for the sake of better camera on a phone. So far it's been doing a great job but yeah a Digital SLR cannot be replaced by a phone.

IMO, a quality capture lies within the eye of the photographer. You can take nice photos using a cellphone...there really is no "trick" to it. Simply use the phone's camera as a pro would and you will see decent results. I actually have an iPhone 7 Plus as well, and I take numerous photos with it when I don't have my other cameras. I'm uncertain what you had done incorrectly or what you did not like, but I could confidently say that my DSLR in the hands of even a 5 year old, would put up a fight against my iPhone pictures. To my eyes, they just do not produce equal quality of images.

Most reactions

Back