IPS monitor not rendering colors properly

eswebster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been struggling with an ASUS PA246Q monitor for the past few months. I thought that getting this level of monitor and a spyder 4 pro calibration tool would give me the ability to edit my pictures in photoshop and have the printed results mirror what i am seeing on the screen. I have failed miserably so far. Is there anything tricky in getting this right, do others struggle as much as i have. My frustration is getting to the point where i dont even want to take pictures anymore because the prints turn out garbage when the screen looks so beautiful. I just dont know what i am doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Maybe it's printer fault, maybe printer is not calibrated ?

I am having the pictures printed professionally and making sure that they are not auto correcting the files when printing.

I am having the pictures printed professionally and making sure that they are not auto correcting the files when printing.

Where are you printing!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Not having the lab color correct is your first problem. They know what they're doing. If you don't want them to color correct, then you must know exactly what you're doing and exactly how the prints will turn out on the lab's paper before you print them. If you don't know and you're guessing or hoping, that's not a solution. This means not only monitor calibration but soft proofing in software. You need paper profiles. If you really want to get into that, research it. Otherwise, let the lab auto correct.

Thanks for all of the help, advice, and information, looks like i have some more learning to do.

Not having the lab color correct is your first problem. They know what they're doing. If you don't want them to color correct, then you must know exactly what you're doing and exactly how the prints will turn out on the lab's paper before you print them. If you don't know and you're guessing or hoping, that's not a solution. This means not only monitor calibration but soft proofing in software. You need paper profiles. If you really want to get into that, research it. Otherwise, let the lab auto correct.

I have all of the tools to do it, just had no idea how or what i should be doing. In reading and learning about the soft proofing and getting all of the profiles from the printer it has already made a world of difference. I am still very new to this but am so glad I have found this resource to help.... i should have posted this weeks sooner.

Most reactions

Back