IR filters and digital cameras?

Golden Helmet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all. Wondering if someone can help me out a bit here.

I'm looking in to possibly getting an IR filter for my Fuji Finepix s6000 (not an SLR, but the manual says it's compatible with most commercial filters? Or are they liars? I dunno, I'm a newb), but the only ones I've seen listed online (on Amazon... yes I suck, that's the only place I know where to look) have been for Film cameras. Is there something I should know about that would not allow me to use one of them for my digital? (The same question applies for all filters in general, but I'm more interested in the IR filters than anything)

I'm a bit new at this, so please don't use anything harder than a foam bat to beat me down with :p

I am not familar with that camera (don't you love comments which begin like that); however, they make IR filters in a wide variety of mm. You will need to know what mm filter will fit on your lens.

the same IR filter will work on either type of camera. Your exposure is going to be much longer which means you may consider a tripod.

Then you will need to convert the image as the file is going to be a strange looking.

there is a lot of information out there on the internet about infrared digital photography check it out.

Most reactions

Back