Ireland shot...

karissa

The Untitled
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd sure like this to be the view from my bedroom window...

This shot was taken at the northern cost of Ireland. Maybe someone here will know what city because I sure don't remember....

Attachments

• $DSC03341c.jpg
    $DSC03341c.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 109
  • $DSC03346c.jpg
    $DSC03346c.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 116
Ah, isn't that a LOVELY sight.
And all that green - now look at that.
The Emerald Isle ... very true to its poetic name in both your photos here, Karissa.

Hard to tell you the name of "the city" when there is only just one house to be seen in your second photo :wink: :wink: ... but I may have been there ... I would need to compare your first photo with mine taken off the Rope Bridge at Carrick'a'Rede (spelling??? :scratch: ), something makes me think of that area on the Antrim coast...

And the colour and clarity of the water ... awww. I so want to travel back to Northern Ireland!

Although I'm from Scotland and have never been there a quick 2 second google search found the answer.

The images you have shown above are from Larrybane Quarry in North Antrim. The "Giant's Causeway" is also on this coast and is somewhere I'd like to go to. Carrick- a - Rede as the Mod says is right there too.

Search this site for more info.

http://www.northantrim.com/

Wow, that is pretty spectacular.

I watched a show the other day...something like 'Images of Ireland'...I'd really love to visit there.

Haha, you guys rock! Your both right now that my memory has been refreshed. It is called rope bridge as well. Giants Causeway is a more correct term for it. It is the most beautiful country I have ever seen. However, that isn't saying much since I have only been to a few. I hope to fix that one day....

Big Mike, if you ever get the chance... GO! It's WORTH it!

i am irish but i havent traveled outside the country. Ireland is of course at the top of my list to visit distant relatives, and because its SO beautiful there. i really love that second photograph. Id love to be there.

Scotland is a beautiful country :) I need to travel more though. When you live so close it's easily forgotten!

Karissa: Giant's Causeway and CarrickARede Rope Bridge are on the same coast but so far apart that we took the car to get from the one sight on the Antrim coast to the other ... so those two are not the same.

There are a few Ireland pics of mine somewhere about, now where has that thread disappeared to? Ah: here_it_is ... they show both ... with almost the same view as in your first photo here a bit further down (you need to scroll a bit and there'll be more pics).

All those are scanned prints, so beware of bad quality pics (or worse than digital).

Is Giant's Causeway the one with the black octagon rocks? I have pictures of that somewhere too.....

Yes, that is the Giant's Causeway!

The north cost is 30-45mins from where I live ...

I went up there last weekend, who wants to see pics?

who is that girl on the second? :)

...who wants to see pics?

I do! I do!
Any pics from Northern Ireland! Please.
I might then recognise the odd place and that gives me a good feeling inside, such warm buzz, a bit like nostalgia ... and the certainty that it is about time I go back.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back