Irix finally comes to the US!

Irix 15 mm f/2.4 Blackstone review - Coma, astigmatism and bokeh - LensTip.com

Check out those wings...even stopped down to 3.5. With all the buzz online before this thing was released, it's really too bad. They likely would've had trouble keeping this lens on the shelf if the coma was handled better
Well that's too bad. The early reviews didn't seem to show these issues. If the company sticks around I wonder if they will engineer a refresh to improve these issues.

then it would seem this is a mediocre lens dressed in fancy clothes.... i guess you do get what you pay for.

then it would seem this is a mediocre lens dressed in fancy clothes.... i guess you do get what you pay for.
I still think it's better than mediocre, just in need of some tweaks. Being that this company has never produced a lens before, they had a pretty steep learning curve to fight through to bring this to market. I think with some small adjustments it still has the potential to be a heck of a good lens. For their first itteration, I still think they did pretty good, especially in the features they incorporated into their product.

Coma, corner of a 24x36mm sensor, on a point light source.... Ummm...that's supposed to be a perfectly round "dot". Lenstip says coma is worse than the Samyang 14mm has.

167387_iri15_bok3c.jpg

Not gonna be a great start-shooter's lens. Buuuuut, for daytime users, oughtta be okay.

maybe the contax snob in me was dug up from the grave :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back