Ironic--It's September 1st

LCARSx32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lcarsx32.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got out of college earlier than expected and had a couple hours to kill before I had to go pick my sister up from work. So, I headed down to the Fenton City Park to see what I could find to shoot. I've always wondered what they had at the veteran's memorial in the park. I've walked past it at least half a dozen times. It seemed as good a subject as any.

It was around 8:30PM, so it was already dark. I honestly wasn't expecting to find a memorial to 9/11. It was really well done. I'm glad I got to shoot it. Nobody else was there, so I was able to take my time.

Comments and critiques welcome. Thanks.

#1: "Memorial"
memorial.jpg

#2: "Twin Towers"
mast.jpg

#3: "America"
close.jpg

#4: "Remembrance"
flowers.jpg

#5: "Strength"
steel.jpg

I like them a lot. Are the scaled towers steel frame and plexi glass? Or real glass? I don't know why that matters, but for some reason I really wanted to know lol.

Right on, nice work! I would love to see #4 with the entire flag pole in the background, blurry flag barely visible at the top. It seems like that angle may not have been attainable though. :) At first the lighting on #5 seems too dark, but after looking for a bit I think it's right on... in fact that one might be my favorite.

I like them a lot. Are the scaled towers steel frame and plexi glass? Or real glass? I don't know why that matters, but for some reason I really wanted to know lol.

They're plexiglass and steel.

Right on, nice work! I would love to see #4 with the entire flag pole in the background, blurry flag barely visible at the top. It seems like that angle may not have been attainable though. :) At first the lighting on #5 seems too dark, but after looking for a bit I think it's right on... in fact that one might be my favorite.

#5's my favorite, too. Thanks.

great photos.
what lens did u use?

thanks

#'s 1,2,3, and 5 were the 18-55mm f/3.5 kit lens. #4 was the Sigma 75-300mm f/4.

For the 1st image the tree in the background bugs me for some reason. First time I saw the image I thought it was some serious noise/chromatic blah blah stufff happening till I looked closer.

Others all look great though, especially number 2 and 4. Perspective on the 3rd is cool. In the 5th it looks like the stone around the plaque is blown out but otherwise love how it looks as though parts fade into darkness.

I agree. The tree should go. I actually did remove the tree in #2 because it was super distracting. That plaque was a PITA, lol. I guess more flash would have let me expose it properly? I like night photography. It's very challenging, but the results can be great.

Most reactions

Back