Is a Nikon D40 capable...

Those pictures don't look like f/1.4 pictures - they more like f/3.5 to f/4 pictures.

We'll never know for sure but, at what appears to be roughly 10 foot distance, I disagree. Perhaps f/2 or f/2.8? Obviously, we're both taking educated guesses AND we don't know the sensor size!

newbie <<

God there is somebody thinking of him self that he is the super star of photography.. man just keep it down

And all backs to the Photographer.. don't think you will get a magnificent shot result by own camera setting.. Even the profassionals photographers are processing their photos, yes it was HDR.. and the boy been processed, if you don't know how to process your photos just be silent please, and ask me to teach you how to process your photos : )

None nice or great lens with person whos talking.. just bla bla bla

Maybe two lenses are good - Nikkor 50mm F/1.8 - Nikkor AI-S 35mm F/1.4 - but the others are only for continue of his life.. none sharpping none colors..

To tell you something the body camera and the lens you are using is helping you to have the best results.. i swear to god that i'm using now D300 but it's not the same result colors and sharp of the Nikon D40, only to give you some attention, that i prefer Nikon D40 on the D200 you have and on D300 i have ^__^ but the problem i'm facing is the 6 mp..

Say by your self that what is the camera result that i can't get..

Don't think your self that you will shot your photo and leave it in your hard drive for 10 years and saying it's a camera result, i can't just show it for the people.. if all the profassional photographers will go on your way none of processing by lighting and photoshop , beleive me none of photographers will sale his products

Only something more my friend.. shot your photos and save it for your rest of your life.. it's will be batter for you to be happy of your camera result :mrgreen:...

Poor kid

Best regards : )

We'll never know for sure but, at what appears to be roughly 10 foot distance, I disagree. Perhaps f/2 or f/2.8? Obviously, we're both taking educated guesses AND we don't know the sensor size!

The exif indicated that the f-stop is at f/2 at least for the picture of the boy swinging around the post. Just curious....How did you arrive at the 10 foot distance? exif also indicated Nikon D50.
I'm not sure knowing the f-stop will help. Each shooting scenario will be different.

newbie <<

God there is somebody thinking of him self that he is the super star of photography.. man just keep it down

And all backs to the Photographer.. don't think you will get a magnificent shot result by own camera setting.. Even the profassionals photographers are processing their photos, yes it was HDR.. and the boy been processed, if you don't know how to process your photos just be silent please, and ask me to teach you how to process your photos : )

Maybe two lenses are good - Nikkor 50mm F/1.8 - Nikkor AI-S 35mm F/1.4 - but the others are only for continue of his life.. none sharpping none colors..

To tell you something the body camera and the lens you are using is helping you to have the best results.. i swear to god that i'm using now D300 but it's not the same result colors and sharp of the Nikon D40, only to give you some attention, that i prefer Nikon D40 on the D200 you have and on D300 i have ^__^ but the problem i'm facing is the 6 mp..

Don't think your self that you will shot your photo and leave it in your hard drive for 10 years and saying it's a camera result, i can't just show it for the people.. if all the profassional photographers will go on your way none of processing by lighting and photoshop , beleive me none of photographers will sale his products

Only something more my friend.. shot your photos and save it for your rest of your life.. it's will be batter for you to be happy of your camera result :mrgreen:...

Poor kid

dude no offense but you english sentence composition sucks. i have no idea what you just said.

dude no offense but you english sentence
composition sucks. i have no idea what you just said.

I had no problems with it, he is Arabic and the website linked in his signature has some just stunningly awesome photos. Give him credit he tries, it is somewhat broken but take your time you may comprehend what it is he is saying.

he is Arabic. Give him credit he tries, it is somewhat broken but take your time you may comprehend what it is he is saying.

Definately! I had to slow down a touch, but I had no issues comprehending what they wanted to say. We have to take into consideration that this is an international board, and not everyone has English as a primary language.

If they spoke Arabic as well as he speaks English, that would be an interesting change in mindset for some, I am sure!

newbie <<

Poor kid

Not sure if this was directed at me, but it doesn't really matter. This thread has nothing to do with post processing. Your pictures were very misleading (not deliberately i'd guess). I can sure make pictures taken with a D40 look as good as i want. There is probably an action or a plug in out there somewhere that turns even your 3/5 megapixel tiny sensor and lens cameraphone photos into masterpieces that National Geographic would beg you for, at least that's how they look at low resolution. The OP didn't ask for that, she asked what the camera can do, and what you posted was terribly misleading and not helpful at all for a beginner. I am guessing the tottaly unprovoked and childish ego trip isn't helping her much either, but there are other good posts here. Nice pics btw.

As for Socrates, look at the metadata man, it's all there! :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back